Post-Game Talk: Leafs Blowout Kings 6-2

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It is so quiet here. Did we loose half our gang over the summer, or are the trolls waiting in the bushes for the first signs of despair? NGL, it's refreshing lol
What’s there to complain about? So imo critiquing the team’s poor play is trolling? Team played good for being riddled with the flu, there’s no criticism because there’s nothing to critique………..

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I liked the timeout by Berube when they made it 5-2. He just needed some time to yell at them, I dig it.

Keefe often wouldn't even use a timeout when we iced the puck defending a lead, with less than 2 min to go.

Berube has done well so far but I feel like people are just making up what Keefe did/didn’t do. Using a timeout early after the opposing team looked like they were getting back into a blowout game was like one of Keefe’s “things” for years…

And you can’t call a timeout after icing.

Reactions: Obo and stickty111

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
100% Liljegren is gone. He played 13 minutes tonight. Turned over the puck. Didn’t really stand out. I doubt he’s in the lineup on Saturday.
LA’s D had a tough night, they look lost without Drew, maybe they liked what they saw in Lilly last night?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We'll see. I'd probably take Holmberg off and try Pacioretty Tavares Robertson like in preseason.
Well the refreshing thing is if you don’t put in the effort your not going to play, I got no problems with a revolving door line up, I want players to earn their ice time……..

Would flip Holmberg & Lorentz

Lorentz Tavares Robertson
Holmberg Kampf Reaves
Delete

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would love to see the Leafs get Danault if the Kings fall completely out playoff contention.
Two way shutdown C with a $5 m cap hit.

Reactions: Budz

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Leafs play the Rangers and Lighting coming up.

Thankfully the Leafs have both.

Is Tampa still a real contender.

I'm not even convinced the Rangers are despite the fact I picked them to win the cup. I'm just sick of seeing the Leafs beating up on the punching bags of the league. Time for a real test to see exactly what we got here if you know what I mean.

Reaves is redundant now that they have some muscle that can pound heads and score goals.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Is Tampa still a real contender.

I'm not even convinced the Rangers are despite the fact I picked them to win the cup. I'm just sick of seeing the Leafs beating up on the punching bags of the league. Time for a real test to see exactly what we got here if you know what I mean.

Reaves is redundant now that they have some muscle that can pound heads and score goals.
Wait..pound heads? Who? We still need something that can play top 9 before they make Reeves assistant press box cheerleader.

Classic case of stats being misleading
Because Lily was meant to be an offensive dman they are upset when he doesn't score two end to end goals per game.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
As for the timeout that Keefe never used, most coaches don't.

And you can’t call a timeout after icing.
Completely forgot that rule changed, that would explain it! Thanks!

But bottom line, regardless of the timeout, this coaching staff has them playing a much more structured game.

The PP is looking better too, not just because of the goals, but because they are moving the puck and getting it into the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACC1224

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
This may not last, but I'm really liking the amount of effort the guys seem to be putting in. Finishing checks, backchecking like crazy, etc. This is what it feels like to have a real coach? I can't remember having one since Quinn.
Quinn and Burns were coaches the guys rallied around. They got upset the players listened.

Stolarz is legit, I think. The only question is how many games can he play? Since the Leafs wanna be playing well into June.
They can play Hildeby and Woll may get in 20 games for his $3.6 million. Our current layout is Stolarz 45 plus games then Hildeby and Woll fight for backup. Like it or not but Woll can't stay healthy.

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Completely forgot that rule changed, that would explain it! Thanks!

But bottom line, regardless of the timeout, this coaching staff has them playing a much more structured game.

The PP is looking better too, it just because of the goals, but because they are moving the puck and getting it into the middle.

Lol, Berube seemed well upset there during that timeout. Like he was kinda scary to me. The guy is intense, man.

Reactions: DarkKnight

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Stolarz is legit, I think. The only question is how many games can he play? Since the Leafs wanna be playing well into June.

I am going to hold my optimism until around December. I hope we can find a diamond in the rough here. Need a goalie so badly

But last year we were somewhat optmistic with Jones and at the end that didn't turn out to be so good. But then again, our D was shambles and team structure was non-existence

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
100% Liljegren is gone. He played 13 minutes tonight. Turned over the puck. Didn’t really stand out. I doubt he’s in the lineup on Saturday.
I think he sticks, not on merit necessarily but Timmins has issues too. That said, Berube put him with OEL early in the second, he clearly didn’t like what he was seeing. Benoit played 7 minutes more, and they started together as a pair. Lil also saw some PK time, which means, even in a blowout game, Berube had little 5 v 5 confidence in him. I thought he was awful to start, passable later, but he looked weak and slow to process. I look at how McMann came out with something to prove, Lil was so blah. I have no confidence this guy should be part of any contending 6 defence, he is what he is, he hasn’t developed in years, it’s the same story. Try to “showcase” him, then move on.

Lol, Berube seemed well upset there during that timeout. Like he was kinda scary to me. The guy is intense, man.
They did a shot scanning the bench after the dress down, the bench looked stunned. Loved it! Keefe just turned red and yelled up and down the bench, everyone tuning him out. Berube has gravitas, and he’s a scary mf. They listened!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad