Post-Game Talk: Leafs Blowout Kings 6-2

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
One thing to keep in mind with the slip of our play in the second half of the game, and a few guys who had their minutes limited unusually or weren’t as effective as we expected, illness could be a factor since they said flu has been working through the locker room.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I liked the timeout by Berube when they made it 5-2. He just needed some time to yell at them, I dig it.

Keefe often wouldn't even use a timeout when we iced the puck defending a lead, with less than 2 min to go.
The play from our guys was exceptionally sloppy and loose. It was the right time to call them on their traditional bullshit. I suspect it's going to continue to happen for the first half of the season until the group gets it.

As for the timeout that Keefe never used, most coaches don't.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I liked the timeout by Berube when they made it 5-2. He just needed some time to yell at them, I dig it.

Keefe often wouldn't even use a timeout when we iced the puck defending a lead, with less than 2 min to go.
Ya it’s weird to have T.O. called in the third period of a 5-2 game as your favourite moment but it’s mine too. It’s what we wanted from Babcock but hopefully without the psychological trauma.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The play from our guys was exceptionally sloppy and loose. It was the right time to call them on their traditional bullshit. I suspect it's going to continue to happen for the first half of the season until the group gets it.

As for the timeout that Keefe never used, most coaches don't.
I get people are at the point with a new coach that they will make things up about the old coach, but come on guys. Keefe used his timeout too in situations like Berube did. You can love the new guy but don't bring the other guy down and make up false facts.

It's like if I criticized Berube for how the team started the Pittsburgh game, and said Berube can't get his team to start on time like Keefe too.
It's not fair and un true after one moment

• Haha
Reactions: wingman75

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ya it’s weird to have T.O. called in the third period of a 5-2 game as your favourite moment but it’s mine too. It’s what we wanted from Babcock but hopefully without the psychological trauma.
Yup. I think thats a fair criticism of Babcock, but for Keefe it's not.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Man it feels good to be on the positive side of outshooting a team and losing thanks to strong goaltending.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I really like the physical punishing capabilities of the current D. McCabe, Benoit and Tanev look like they're hitting everything in sight, seems every shift out there one of those guys is asserting themselves physically.

Reactions: Guided by Veseys

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It is so quiet here. Did we loose half our gang over the summer, or are the trolls waiting in the bushes for the first signs of despair? NGL, it's refreshing lol
Weekday game against Kings probably got more to do with it, lol

Not for nothing but the Leafs went on to win the Division that year. Their only division title since 1967. Christ.
What about the North Division?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad