Leafs Artwork Thread

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey everyone, wanted to share with you my drawing that I finished today for a friend of Leafs Legend, Johnny Bower! This one took me 77 hours to complete using Colored pencils.

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could share and appreciate some of our favorite Leafs artwork that maybe we own or have seen online. So I will share a few of some of my favorites from artists that I follow to get things rolling.

Attachments

• 20230211_155347.jpg
    20230211_155347.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230211_155317.jpg
    20230211_155317.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230211_155235.jpg
    20230211_155235.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230211_155251.jpg
    20230211_155251.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You are very talented and should be proud of your work.

Not to take anything from you, but Dan Pietens‘ and Shannon’s art is next level

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Great work @acrobaticgoalie
Please keep sharing your works
Thank you very much! I'm likely going to draw Matthews next. I think I'm going to draw him in the St.Pats unis and I'll try to have it done by St. Patrick's day. I'll share it when it's done

You are very talented and should be proud of your work.

Not to take anything from you, but Dan Pietens‘ and Shannon’s art is next level
Thank you! Ya, they are the pedestal that I'm trying to reach. Dan's work is godly.

I only got back into doing artwork 2 yrs ago during covid after almost 9 yrs without picking up a pencil. I'm gonna keep with it and try to reach that level.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Thank you very much! I'm likely going to draw Matthews next. I think I'm going to draw him in the St.Pats unis and I'll try to have it done by St. Patrick's day. I'll share it when it's done

Thank you! Ya, they are the pedestal that I'm trying to reach. Dan's work is godly.

I only got back into doing artwork 2 yrs ago during covid after almost 9 yrs without picking up a pencil. I'm gonna keep with it and try to reach that level.
Art is art and there are different styles. If you've been to the McMichael gallery you will find many classics in the same style as yours

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That's really good! You are very talented.
I like that you even added detail to the banner in the background.
Way better than I could ever do, especially with coloured pencils. 77 hours is quite the dedication!

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
That's really good! You are very talented.
I like that you even added detail to the banner in the background.
Way better than I could ever do, especially with coloured pencils. 77 hours is quite the dedication!
Thank you very much! It's not easy trying to do those small faces and making it look like them but it's good practice. It does get exhausting doing so many hours on piece but worth it in the end. The longest one I did was of Carey Price and it took 96 hours.

Just started one of Matthews the other day. Already 4 hours in with just the outline and still need to do about 2 hours more before I can even start the color.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON

Keep at it bud, you're doing fantastic.
I'm a fellow artist myself (see: my avatar) and I always have the greatest respect and admiration for portrait artists, who I put well above myself in terms of talent. I always describe it this way . . .

I can do a painting of a loon or bear, and if I show you the photo that I used as reference for that animal, you won't recognise it as Larry the loon from down the street or Bobby Fisher the bear. But a human face that we know? Every untrained artist eye will be able to intrisically pick out if that is a good likeness or not, instantly . . . it's an art with zero forgiveness for error or slight permutation.

Excellent work!

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Keep at it bud, you're doing fantastic.
I'm a fellow artist myself (see: my avatar) and I always have the greatest respect and admiration for portrait artists, who I put well above myself in terms of talent. I always describe it this way . . .

I can do a painting of a loon or bear, and if I show you the photo that I used as reference for that animal, you won't recognise it as Larry the loon from down the street or Bobby Fisher the bear. But a human face that we know? Every untrained artist eye will be able to intrisically pick out if that is a good likeness or not, instantly . . . it's an art with zero forgiveness for error or slight permutation.

Excellent work!
Thanks a ton man! When I was in my early 20s I practiced portraits because I figured if you can make a drawing look exactly like someone and capture expressions, you can draw anything.

I have a bunch of Leafs players in the plans for the future but I've got a few others on the docket for now

That is absolutely wonderful. Terrific job.
Thank you!

Reactions: Nineteen67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad