Proposal: LEAFS and DEVILS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
Kerfoot + Ritchie + Engvall + Amirov or Robertson
$7,250,000 TOTAL

for

Subban (50% retained), M. Wood (25% retained)
$7,062,500 TOTAL

Probably beneficial for Subban - he would thrive more with spotlight on him - he could either sign a "hometown extension" like a Spezza or Simmonds (750k-1m) OR use it as a platform to get another multiyear deal if he plays well. His skill set would be better for Toronto and their PP

New Jersey would get 3 players UNDER contract for the next season and/or could use them as movable assets.

re-qualifying Engvall will likely be easier for the NJ compared to Wood.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Third party here but I can’t see NJ having a use for a slower, more useless version of Pat Maroon who’s under contract for more then just this year.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Kerfoot + Ritchie + Engvall + Amirov or Robertson
$7,250,000 TOTAL

for

Subban (50% retained), M. Wood (25% retained)
$7,062,500 TOTAL

Probably beneficial for Subban - he would thrive more with spotlight on him - he could either sign a "hometown extension" like a Spezza or Simmonds (750k-1m) OR use it as a platform to get another multiyear deal if he plays well. His skill set would be better for Toronto and their PP

New Jersey would get 3 players UNDER contract for the next season and/or could use them as movable assets.

re-qualifying Engvall will likely be easier for the NJ compared to Wood.
Not sure if you are aware, but it sounds like Wood will not be playing until mid December at the earliest. Devils have not mentioned any specific injury but at one point last week Ruff said that Wood was making no progress toward a return and said he would be the Devil that would be out the longest.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I have zero intrest in either player from NJ at this time. Not sure if I would even put a waiver claim on either.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
You were too busy figuring out if you could that you never really considered if you should

This is pretty bad for everyone, especially considering Wood is broken

Reactions: Zubrus Coffee Maker

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
More like Ritchie and mid prospect/4th (2023) for Subban 50% retained at the deadline :cool:

Reactions: cgc83

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why do we need Subban again? We have 7 NHL D already and are struggling to find who sits out.

We need scoring depth, and it seems we give up that. So why does Toronto do this?

This is basically blow up your forward depth, lose an NHL Dman off your blueline, to potentially upgrade the bottom pair?

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Deal for NJ. I'll happily give up Wood and Subban for Amirov.

And Kerfoot fills a 3C and Penalty kill need at the moment. Engvall too might useful on Penalty kill.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lol what? You wouldn't want Wood? That's just a idiot move. I guarantee any gm would want Wood for the playoffs, he's the perfect playoff player.
he has 0 points in 5 games, I guess he would fit right in lol
I guess if I could magically swap him for Ritche i would do that

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

Are you still talking about Miles Wood? cuz he's got 0 point in 0 games this year... cuz he'd been hurt
Wood is the exact kind of player every contender should want on their team, so it makes sense Toronto wouldn't want him

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
This feels like just a reshuflling of cap space + trading a good prospect for a depth forward. No thanks.

Not to mention we still need to fill those roster spots, so we're still adding salary.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
that moment when you accidently show how little knowledge you have and make a fool of yourself to everyone... He has 0 points in 0 games. because hes injured...

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
that moment when you accidently show how little knowledge you have and make a fool of yourself to everyone... He has 0 points in 0 games. because hes injured...

That moment you make a fool of yourself telling someone else they've made a fool of themselves.

Those are his career playoff stats because they were responding to a comment about him being " the perfect playoff player."

Reactions: Zubrus Coffee Maker

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
You'd think Leafs fans, of all people, would realize that a stat sheet (especially in a tiny sample size) doesn't fully quantify a players playoff value.

Thank God they had Galchenyuk and his .67pt/game last playoffs!

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Leafs are in no position to trade Robertson or Amirov. We need guys on cheap deals and ELCs to come into the lineup and contribute. We all know the cap situation, Sandin/Lily/Amirov/Robertson are going to be key for us in the next 2-3 years. We need them to be impact players at a low cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad