Domi stays
Leafs want 2 D (Montour/tanev)?

Not all this works. Even wit 21 mill to spend

Reactions: McDoused

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If you can get him at "complimentary top 6 wing" prices and length, then he's a good option to bring back.

If you're paying him like he's on the impact level of the big 4, you have big problems ahead.

A $5mil x 5yrs would be great. I think that's a fair deal for both sides.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If you can get him at "complimentary top 6 wing" prices and length, then he's a good option to bring back.

If you're paying him like he's on the impact level of the big 4, you have big problems ahead.

5 years is too long, no way they should do that. Pretty sure the haggling will be mostly around term.

I’m really leery of bringing him back for anything longer than 3 years tbh, I’m sure he could do better on the open market. He barely scored until he was put on Matthews wing and isn’t great defensively.

Reactions: vpasla1

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Did he do enough to justify a 5x5 contract? I know he played a healthy season but I'd hesitate giving him 5 years.

Reactions: Captain34

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I think he can still get better as a player. He needs to live around that net and no reason he can’t get 30 goals in a season

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Get domi signed. Forget about bertuzzi until that is done.

As a Sabres fan, I hope they don’t do this. I like Max and dislike Tyler, so Tyler on the team makes rooting for their failure more fun.
I think he can still get better as a player. He needs to live around that net and no reason he can’t get 30 goals in a season

I could see him declining, he's already a pretty weak skater.

I'm happy if it's in the low or mid 4m range, even at that term.

I agree with Dave here- dude is already Bambi out there half the time, he’s 29, has had injuries and multiple moves, and we’re saying he’s gonna get better now? Ok, I wouldn’t give the dude anything beyond 3 years.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I wasn’t impressed with Bertuzzi. Like sure, let Domi go. But why do they value Bertuzzi more than him?

Reactions: Dog

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Was hoping to get Domi done first, but don't mind Bert either. Both guys were very important last year, how does this effect our cap though ? Can we make a run for a couple D-men + Domi ?

great!! let's just run the whole team back and continue to have a sh*tty D core...
Didn't realize the off-season was over. Calm down, the finals have yet to be decided, it isn't even July 1st lmao.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021

I'd go 5mil x 4 years.

Reactions: hullsy47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad