Pre-Game Talk: Leafs(4-4-1) @ Jets (8-0) - 7:30 Amazon Prime

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Gonna be a tough game for sure. We don't want the Jets to tie or beat the Leafs record of 10 game winning streak to start the season, do we?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I was told over and over again that laziness or soft play would not be tolerated, it seems like it isn't being tolerated and Nylander is being demoted.

Not saying the others have been great.

It’s pretty clear Matthews drives the bus in terms of who he is going to play with. People say it’s Marner who makes a big deal out of it but I don’t think the organization gives a rats ass what Marner thinks. There is one guy with that power and it’s AM34. They moved heaven and earth to give him the C a year early than they needed to. He wants Marner on his wing and that’s the way it’s going to be. I don’t think it’s talked about enough. I’m sure Berube would love to split them up.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It’s pretty clear Matthews drives the bus in terms of who he is going to play with. People say it’s Marner who makes a big deal out of it but I don’t think the organization gives a rats ass what Marner thinks. There is one guy with that power and it’s AM34. They moved heaven and earth to give him the C a year early than they needed to. He wants Marner on his wing and that’s the way it’s going to be. I don’t think it’s talked about enough. I’m sure Berube would love to split them up.

It's not clear at all.

Coaches just may disagree with you and others.

It's weird how much people defend Berube right now... if he has no backbone and won't split them up cause Matthews says so, he is an idiot, but what is far more likely is he disagrees with splitting them up.

Reactions: bax and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If he wanted to split them up he would.
I’ve never seen any evidence that the players dictate anything.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Yes, Marner and Matthews had two horrible games, more Matthews and nothing happened so I am not sure it's a demotion.. maybe.

McMann getting benched for one turnover seemed over the top when all of Willy, Matthews and Marner have had more glaring ones
I must say Willy playing with Pac and Tavares is more of a punishment...

Reactions: Jojalu

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Going to be a juggling act tonight, Leafs, Steelers, World Series

7pm start on a normal channel would have been nice.
My man, you need 3 monitors all set up with chrome cast/firetv and subscriptions to TSN/SportsNet/Amazon and you're set....my Saturday/Sunday setup has my girlfriend threatening to leave me for not leaving the couch for 12 hours.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Streaks end ...

I think the Jets are 2 games behind Leafs record for wins to start the season?
Starting the season 10-0 while coming off the LA series, in the middle of the Jays winning back to back World Series were some happy times.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No Lilly. Berube goes back to his golden boy Timmins. Robertson also scratched which is just dumb but thats Berube being clueless gain.
Tavares back with Nylander.
These are are the exact stuff Keefe would do

To be honest, I don't care what the lines are.

A loss is a loss is a loss.

Swap Rielly for Little m, if Berube thinks it'll help.

Reactions: fahad203 and bax

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Might lay down a few sheckles on this and start putting it away and saving up for the 2025 Pontiac GTO, some kinda slick in Orbit Orange! Low 4s 0-60 yikes and that's the base engine 600ish horse

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It’s a big, fast, heavy, deep playoff style hockey team. Their third line might be the best third line in the NHL.

Kyle Connor — Mark Scheifele — Gabriel Vilardi
Nikolaj Ehlers — Vladislav Namestnikov — Cole Perfetti
Nino Niederreiter — Adam Lowry — Mason Appleton
Morgan Barron — Rasmus Kupari — Alex Iafallo

Josh Morrissey — Dylan DeMelo
Dylan Samberg — Neal Pionk
Logan Stanley — Colin Miller

Connor Hellebuyck
Eric Comrie
Super. Then the playoffs come and that big, fast, heavy, deep lineup gets absolutely obliterated in the first round ever year, as they will again this year.

Mr_Fun

FFS!
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Some interesting things happening around GFL...

They might actually be running the place I work at. They supposedly were going to put in a very competitive bid for the contract that was up. If they do in fact win the bid, I'll be taking the buyout.

Mr_Fun

FFS!
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I think I might try watching this game on my computer as it was kinda choppy on my TV last Monday. I have a Telus high speed connection which is well known for being a little farty. Or maybe I just have a mediocre TV?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad