Pre-Game Talk: Leafs(4-4-1) @ Jets (8-0) - 7:30 Amazon Prime

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Me personally, I would've moven robertson UP the lineup, not DOWN. We need to get him going because he's gotta give us some much needed depth scoring. I was hoping for 20-25 goals from him but it looks like we might only get 15ish with how he is playing + his usage

Liljegren must've slept with Berube's wife. This might be worse asset management than even Dubas could muster up. We literally have a 3m dollar cap penalty. We shuold play him, even if it's just to up his value to trade him. I don't see him holding value for us in a trade rn, at most a mid round pick vs maybe a 2nd at the draft but we chose to sign and bench his ass. Horrible usage of cap and an asset

JT with Nylander gross, I'm not even going to elaborate on that. Big 11.5 going to have 7 in 10 after this one....
Someone should start a pool on whether he ever plays another game for the Leafs. He honestly may never get back into the lineup.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Nylander has been absolutely shafted

The worse netfront presence, the worse passer, and the worse IMO facilitator.
It's at least something for now. Now maybe instead of everyone just trying to get the puck to Matthews, Nylander may get some more prime shooting opportunities.

Let's see how it works out first imo.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Not surprised Robertson is being scratched, he hasn't been very good.

Timmins drawing back in was a no brainer.

PP is a little strange, not a fan of those units.

The tricky thing about Robertson is he always looks super busy busy, which on the surface looks awesome, look at that motor on the kid yada yada.

But it also makes the game look like it’s incredibly hard for him like he’s at a full sprint just to make a routine play. Normally that wouldn’t be the worst thing if he was just a Jordin Tootoo style bowling ball chaos machine… but his one superstar gift is his sniping ability which actually requires him to be able to ghost, get lost and provide a passing target that someone can find. He almost needs to be a lazy cherry picker to get more offense.

The more he works hard and is stuck to the puck and puck carrier like a pit bull, the less he’s presenting as an open scoring threat. It’s a tricky one.

Reactions: Cams and ACC1224

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Someone should start a pool on whether he ever plays another game for the Leafs. He honestly may never get back into the lineup.
Lilly no. At least not with this coach whose made it his life goal to ruin any trade value he has. Either that or he has an obsession with Timmins.
Robertson will get back in

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I disagree. The HDR is great and the closeups and graphics etc are fantastic but the during play compression artifacts are not good. You can clearly see the issues with how unstable the netting mesh is.
It's your setup. The compression effects on mine were way less compared to TSN app and SN+.

Reactions: Enniskillen

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So is Woll hurt again or are they justed shielding him from getting shelled by the league's best power play so far?

Like I said last week, Woll needs to work back into the rotation. He doesn’t have the status to be thrown back in with playing time gifted to him when the other guy is standing on his head.

Jun 27, 2005
It's your setup. The compression effects on mine were way less compared to TSN app and SN+.
No it's not. Any artifacts like that are too much. I don't get any watching the games on TSN or SN on rogers 4K. It's Prime.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Nylander has not been good...
Past 3 games he sure hasn't. Yet he still leads the team in goals, and somehow he hasn't been on the ice for too many goals against.

Without a good 3rd line C though, I don't know what Berube can really do

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
No it's not. Any artifacts like that are too much. I don't get any watching the games on TSN or SN on rogers 4K. It's Prime.
Try it on different devices. The Amazon app on my native Android TV OS sucks, the quality is much improved on PS5.

Reactions: bax

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Past 3 games he sure hasn't. Yet he still leads the team in goals, and somehow he hasn't been on the ice for too many goals against.

I was told over and over again that laziness or soft play would not be tolerated, it seems like it isn't being tolerated and Nylander is being demoted.

Not saying the others have been great.

Jun 27, 2005
Try it on different devices. The Amazon app on my native Android TV OS sucks, the quality is far more improved on PS5.
I did. The Ignite app was unwatchable and the TV's app which is usually perfect had issues. It's possible that they both suck.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Try it on different devices. The Amazon app on my native Android TV OS sucks, the quality is far more improved on PS5.
I agree with this. I watched the first period of the last Prime game outside in my backyard and it was terrible. Went in to my normal tv for the rest and it was awesome.

Reactions: MSZ

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010

Without a good 3rd line C? We don’t even have a good 2nd line C lol

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No Lilly. Berube goes back to his golden boy Timmins. Robertson also scratched which is just dumb but thats Berube being clueless gain.
Tavares back with Nylander.
These are are the exact stuff Keefe would do

Looks like Keefe 2.0

Hired with big pay to do as we say. List the room in 3 2 1___

Stars run the team, they tried his style and gave up on it. The core is screwed.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That was definitely the most annoying part.

If you have PIP it's fine. You can watch two games at once. PIP is still on good modern equipment.

Or build a quad screen wall. Serious fans watch 4 games at once and post on HFBoards.

:D

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I’m pretty sure a big part of coaching this group of Leafs is walking on eggshell-thin brittle egos.
Definitely, we know who really calls the shots and it isn’t the coach, 34, 16, 88, and 44 are the culprits, Muskoka Four………

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad