Pre-Game Talk: Leafs(4-4-1) @ Jets (8-0) - 7:30 Amazon Prime

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
No Lilly. Berube goes back to his golden boy Timmins. Robertson also scratched.
Tavares back with Nylander.
These are are the exact stuff Keefe would do
Me personally, I would've moven robertson UP the lineup, not DOWN. We need to get him going because he's gotta give us some much needed depth scoring. I was hoping for 20-25 goals from him but it looks like we might only get 15ish with how he is playing + his usage

Liljegren must've slept with Berube's wife. This might be worse asset management than even Dubas could muster up. We literally have a 3m dollar cap penalty. We shuold play him, even if it's just to up his value to trade him. I don't see him holding value for us in a trade rn, at most a mid round pick vs maybe a 2nd at the draft but we chose to sign and bench his ass. Horrible usage of cap and an asset

JT with Nylander gross, I'm not even going to elaborate on that. Big 11.5 going to have 7 in 10 after this one....

Reactions: supermann_98

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nylander has been absolutely shafted

The worse netfront presence, the worse passer, and the worse IMO facilitator.

I think it’s more indicative they’re giving John Tavares the demotion but needs to look like they’re going to equal halves so Nylander is the sacrifice. He’s a big boy and can usually handle the hard coaching and knocks better than Marner and Matthews.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not surprised Robertson is being scratched, he hasn't been very good.

Timmins drawing back in was a no brainer.

PP is a little strange, not a fan of those units.

Reactions: HogTown06

Jun 27, 2005
We already have Amazon prime so I love these nights. The picture quality looks amazing
I disagree. The HDR is great and the closeups and graphics etc are fantastic but the during play compression artifacts are not good. You can clearly see the issues with how unstable the netting mesh is.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Feels like Keefe would do this in desperate times. Stick Tavares and Nylander. Take out Robertson.
I think any coach would. Throw stuff in a blender, see if something sticks. Coaches can only do so much, eventually the blame is just with the players. If the players, particularly the core aren't doing enough to win, there isn't much the coaches can do.

Nylander has not been good...
You could replace Nylander with just about every other name on the roster and it would be equally true.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
We already have Amazon prime so I love these nights. The picture quality looks amazing
I was impressed as well with the entire production although it does suck those who don't have subscriptions to all the apps. I suppose there's always a way to find the game though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad