Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Bruins 2 // Matty gets his 70th and the game winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
“Great play by Boosh,” recalled Domi, the quarterback between Ilya Lyubushkin’s exit snap and Matthews’ go route. “Tried to catch him a little bit in transition, and Tone took off. So, just threw it up, and he did the rest.”

Tone. As in Auston? Never knew that was his nickname.

Reactions: banks

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Bourne said it well last night, he just moves the puck to someone else's problem, zero IQ plays all night. To me easily our worst D man, if he can't move the puck, what he bring? I'd keep him in but I want more.
Bourne has hated Lily since the moment he was drafted, and he goes out of his way to look for every possible mistake, and blow them up.

Last analyst I would ever hang my hat on.
He's bozo the clown level

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah he will cost us at some point if he keeps playing. I know he hasn't been much better but I'd rather have Brodie TBH.
Issue now also becomes Edmundson - don't think either he or Liljegren have looked good, and realistically you can only replace one of them with Brodie.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Bourne has hated Lily since the moment he was drafted, and he goes out of his way to look for every possible mistake, and blow them up.

I don't know if I want to open the Liljegren is a Hunter pick thing, but I guess I have. But I can't really separate the fact that he was part of Dubas' and Keefe's Marlies staff and then somehow wound up in the media.

It was a plant that was likely a measure to combat and "balance" narratives, particularly after the whole offer sheet speculation ordeal, which the Sportsnet/Hockey Central guys really leaned on.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Domi's not going anywhere. Desperately wants to be here, won't push for max dollars. Team would have to be stupid to not re-sign him.
It is good to see Domi get a chance. He makes a lot of opportunities for other players, but has been buried on lines where people could not finish or coaches who would not allow for his creativity. That pass in the air to Matthews was a thing of beauty and two players on the same page. I think Matthews likes playing with him too. Max also loves to assist (I think) even more than score, so it makes a good combo. SK has been able to loo over some of his stupid stuff and really helped bring out the best in him. Julian and Torts did not.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Normally playoff series taper off in physicality after both teams have had their home openers and elimination gets closer. So sliding in Willie and McMann fresh could be positive.
To be honest I see it already. Boston may have blown their load. They just dont have the heavies they used too. Lovely goaltending though. Can we break Swayman?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
They are now in the drivers seat. Hold serve and the series is yours. No excuses, they clearly have the better talent up front.
They cannot allow the home split. The team has been terrible at home, always getting split and dropping games. Time to get serious and take both and go back to Boston up 3-1 with intent to move on.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
To be honest I see it already. Boston may have blown their load. They just dont have the heavies they used too. Lovely goaltending though. Can we break Swayman?

Well, Leafs will have to up their zone time, and also start crease crashing intentionally around Swayman. Make him uncomfortable as Gudas yelling at Woll kind of thing.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They cannot allow the home split. The team has been terrible at home, always getting split and dropping games. Time to get serious and take both and go back to Boston up 3-1 with intent to move on.

I think that’s the big picture because you have to play with the intention that there’s no Game 7. But to play the series properly they need to just win one period at a time and see if any separation emerges.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

I agree completely with bozo the clown, as does the metrics. He handled the puck like an AHLer, zero poise or IQ. Sorry for noticing. Don't want him out, but he needs to do a much better job or he's going to be a liability. Edmundson is a good pair for him though.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
“Great play by Boosh,” recalled Domi, the quarterback between Ilya Lyubushkin’s exit snap and Matthews’ go route. “Tried to catch him a little bit in transition, and Tone took off. So, just threw it up, and he did the rest.”

I like how his "I just threw it up" actually means "I lobbed a sick ass air pass" :laugh:

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Got the split on the road, which is all you can really ask for as a fan. There are some obvious things we still need to clean up going forward, but I loved the resolve we showed in that game. Many times we could have crumbled and let the usual script play out, but we kept fighting and it eventually paid off.

I am curious to see how this team responds to a win now. In prior years, we seemingly failed to raise our game after winning a game in the post season. We've never looked to take control in the series when given an opportunity to do so. Which ultimately has elongated series, and put our backs up against the wall unnecessarily.

They showed a focus last year against TB when they went out to a 3-1 series lead, but they reverted back to their old selves in R2 and it put themselves into a hole they couldn't dig themselves out of.

As impressive of a win as yesterday was, there is absolutely no time to enjoy it past last night. Keep the eye on the prize, and show up early and often in tmw's game.

Go Leafs Go!

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018

actors-james-gandolfini-edie-falco-in-scene-from-hbo-tv-news-photo-1679932812.jpg

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Got the split on the road, which is all you can really ask for as a fan. There are some obvious things we still need to clean up going forward, but I loved the resolve we showed in that game. Many times we could have crumbled and let the usual script play out, but we kept fighting and it eventually paid off.

I am curious to see how this team responds to a win now. In prior years, we seemingly failed to raise our game after winning a game in the post season. We've never looked to take control in the series when given an opportunity to do so. Which ultimately has elongated series, and put our backs up against the wall unnecessarily.

They showed a focus last year against TB when they went out to a 3-1 series lead, but they reverted back to their old selves in R2 and it put themselves into a hole they couldn't dig themselves out of.

As impressive of a win as yesterday was, there is absolutely no time to enjoy it past last night. Keep the eye on the prize, and show up early and often in tmw's game.

Go Leafs Go!
Leafs will win the next two games.

Reactions: Al14 and Confucius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad