Post-Game Talk: Leafs 2 vs Rangers 4: Another Step Closer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
OH, LOOK, ANOTHER TOO MUCH MAN PENALTY. ENOUGH WITH THIS **** ALREADY, FFS.

Oh... wait, that was against the Rangers. My bad.

:biglaugh:

I just remembered Loov was drafted in the 7th round in 2012 with the third last pick and now in his first NHL game. That's pretty cool to see how far he's come in 3.5 seasons.

finnbalor*

Zucs joins

Staals
Mouson

as noted Leafs killer
(who am I missing?)

Tavares, Stamkos, Ovie, Bergeron, Lucic, Healtly, he did score 50 in 06 all against the Leafs... well it felt that way.

McDavid, Malkin, Crosby, superstars punish us like no other.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm looking at replays and it doesn't look like Komarov's elbow even hit his head, more like his bicep. It looks like he tried to elbow McD's chest. It was also not at full speed.

This is what I think happened. It was a poor setup hit from Komarov. It did not look like it was Komarov's intent to have a dirty hit against McD. It looked like Komarov was expecting McD to continue to move forward and hit him straight in the body, but McD held up while Komarov was already in the middle of his set up, and Komarov still tried to get his elbow into McD's chest to get a hit in. Really, where he went wrong was that he should have just tried to avoid the hit altogether rather than try to lean in and still try to get a hit to McD's chest with his elbow (which ultimately resulted in Komarov's bicep clipping McD's head).

Once again, looking at the replays, he did not have a chicken wing (or at least my definition of one). His arm was more tucked in than not, and I think it was his leaning in with this tucked arm to get his elbow to McD's chest that caused the most problems, because that ultimately lead to his bicep hitting McD's head.

I'm going to say this: Komarov should not lean in next time. Just go around him. Avoid the trouble. I'm also going to say McD has to do a lot better in not putting himself in vulnerable positions. He could have avoided that hit almost as much as Komarov could have avoided that hit.

He's probably going to be suspended for a game or two, just to penalize him for a poorly executed hit. However, I'm also going to say they need new people determining suspensions, because I have seen countless hits far worse than this that have gone scot-free. They'll suspend really bad hits, but they clearly favour the more important players in the league, whether they hit or get hit, no matter the actual content of the hit. Ovechkin would have probably missed a full season worth of suspensions by now if there wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad