Confirmed with Link: Leaf sign G Anthony Stolarz (2 year, $2.5M AAV)

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I wonder if we eventually see some cap provisions moving forward that allow teams to actually carry 3 goalies.

Seems more and more as though we are heading into the direction of all teams now packing 3 goalies
It's likely. EBUG stories are fun (even if they haunt this team), but the league wants to move away from them. The easiest way to do that is to allow teams to more easily carry 3 goalies

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's likely. EBUG stories are fun (even if they haunt this team), but the league wants to move away from them. The easiest way to do that is to allow teams to more easily carry 3 goalies
To be clear, I'm talking about teams carrying 3 goalies on their roster.

Not a team dressing 3 goalies. I don't think there's any reasonable (or fair) scenario where a team be allowed to dress 3 goalies.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
To be clear, I'm talking about teams carrying 3 goalies on their roster.

Not a team dressing 3 goalies. I don't think there's any reasonable (or fair) scenario where a team be allowed to dress 3 goalies.

Sorry to intervene... but why would they need special provisions to carry three goalies.

All they need is the cap space and a roster spot. A third string goalie is only a league minimum salary. There's no reason teams can't squeeze a third goalie onto the roster now if they wanted.

They opt not too because they are used so infrequently, and are literally replacement level players, so prefer to keep those roster spots for forwards and defensemen who will likely see more game time and have a bigger impact.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Let's assume Stolarz continues to play well.
Even against tough teams.

When was the last time a top 15 goalie was signed for this money ?

This will be one of the bigger goalie scores of recent times.

----

Something something Zeke something something regression to the mean.
It probably will happen.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad