Confirmed with Link: Leaf sign G Anthony Stolarz (2 year, $2.5M AAV)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Interesting that they would go with another cause I gamble along with woll, But I do like this, He strikes me as a guy who could be one of those goalies who breaks out at an older age. Hopefully the leafs have a competitive tandem

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I love this signing.
I am curious though, I’ve seen it around people saying “he’s never played more than 28 games” and that’s true. I am curious however, what his situations have been like.

Like has he been hampered by injury? Has he been blocked behind clear starters in other locations as well not just Florida?

Is Stolarz a career backup so far more as a function of ability or opportunity?

Reactions: Buds17

Wrong Wilson

Hanta Yo!
Nov 17, 2019
Toronto, ON
So who plays the other 30 games and playoffs?

saviour.jpg

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I love this signing.
I am curious though, I’ve seen it around people saying “he’s never played more than 28 games” and that’s true. I am curious however, what his situations have been like.

Like has he been hampered by injury? Has he been blocked behind clear starters in other locations as well not just Florida?

Playing behind Gibson and Bobrovsky. I especially like how Stolarz's numbers look for the two seasons in which he played the most. I am admittedly worried that the expectation is probably for both Stolarz and Woll to establish career highs in games played. Then again, those numbers are currently set at just 28 and 25 respectively.

Reactions: Sypher04

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I love this signing.

Broke in full time with Anaheim and was stuck behind Gibson, then left this year to join Florida and was stuck behind Bobrovsky.

Reactions: Sypher04

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
This is a very good deal with very little risk. Even if he completely falls apart, you can easily change it up in a short period of time.

Should be a fun goaltending duo with him and Woll, and Hildeby and Murray rounds it out pretty nicely.
4 goalie tandem to complement the Core 4. :sarcasm:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Big Announcement:
Congrats to new Leaf Anthony Stolarz. The first Toronto Maple Leaf to have an Internetz name.

famous-cat-meme-which-started-and-launched-the-website-i-can-haz-cheezburger

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3