News Article: Leaf fans come 3rd in Survey

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I picked up some chicken at the grocery store and the juice was coming out of the package and getting all over my hands.

So I got one of them small plastic bags off the roll to put it in. The bag wouldn't open so I licked my fingers and rubbed the bag to open it. Mmm boy wasn't that finger lickin' good.

I lick raw chicken juice and still think I'm smarter than Shanahan.

Why even bother to keep score anyway. Win or lose just cheer for them no matter what. Cheering for the team under any circumstances is preferable to wanting them to actually win.

Shut up and eat your hot dog and enjoy the game.

Don't worry about the fact you shelled out thousands of dollars to watch a gutless losing effort. Winning is hard. You should be honoured just getting the privilige of watching these pampered millionaire athletes being paid top dollar in their sport play.

Clap whenever the man in blue scores so he knows he's a hero.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I picked up some chicken at the grocery store and the juice was coming out of the package and getting all over my hands.

So I got one of them small plastic bags off the roll to put it in. The bag wouldn't open so I licked my fingers and rubbed the bag to open it. Mmm boy wasn't that finger lickin' good.

I lick raw chicken juice and still think I'm smarter than Shanahan.

Why even bother to keep score anyway. Win or lose just cheer for them no matter what. Cheering for the team under any circumstances is preferable to wanting them to actually win.

Shut up and eat your hot dog and enjoy the game.

Don't worry about the fact you shelled out thousands of dollars to watch a gutless losing effort. Winning is hard. You should be honoured just getting the privilige of watching these pampered millionaire athletes being paid top dollar in their sport play.

Clap whenever the man in blue scores so he knows he's a hero.
I'm playing in a golf tournament on the 19th to raise money for Brain injuries. I'll do my part to support those afflicted.

• Haha
Reactions: ITM

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
You can keep complaining about the rules in the playoffs, but its always been the same and will remain the same..... so .......I get that the leafs would be better off but personally Im not interested in ice capades style during the playoffs.
I'm not mad the rules change in the playoffs, I'm just annoyed. What I AM mad about is that NO ONE can pin down HOW the rules are going to change in the playoffs. The repeated refrain is "the refs don't enforce the rules as closely in the playoffs, so tougher teams like Boston do better", and then we watch the Leafs play in some of the MOST penalized series of the last decade, where that whole "refs don't enforce as closely" thing seems to go straight out the window.
What people seem to be ignoring in their constant whinefest about "building the team the right way" is that between 1968 and now, the Leafs have built teams that have run the entire gamut from "team that pushes their opponents around" to the current "team that has way more offensive firepower than most of their opponents and is designed for a finesse game" and haven't managed to make a Finals appearance in that time. The question you HAVE to be asking at this point is, what will it take?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not mad the rules change in the playoffs, I'm just annoyed. What I AM mad about is that NO ONE can pin down HOW the rules are going to change in the playoffs. The repeated refrain is "the refs don't enforce the rules as closely in the playoffs, so tougher teams like Boston do better", and then we watch the Leafs play in some of the MOST penalized series of the last decade, where that whole "refs don't enforce as closely" thing seems to go straight out the window.
What people seem to be ignoring in their constant whinefest about "building the team the right way" is that between 1968 and now, the Leafs have built teams that have run the entire gamut from "team that pushes their opponents around" to the current "team that has way more offensive firepower than most of their opponents and is designed for a finesse game" and haven't managed to make a Finals appearance in that time. The question you HAVE to be asking at this point is, what will it take
Maybe finding the right combination at the right time, instead of following what successful teams did three years ago, which isn't successful now because teams have adapted and/or moved on.

Between going after a style a few years after it was most effective and going after players a few years after they were most effective, they've wasted a lot of time and money.

Reactions: Racer88

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This latest report just showed there are lessons to be learn, we are right there and very close.
Just need to believe in the core and they will get the bounces.

Reactions: myleafs

myleafs

May 25, 2021
What people seem to be ignoring in their constant whinefest about "building the team the right way" is that between 1968 and now, the Leafs have built teams that have run the entire gamut from "team that pushes their opponents around" to the current "team that has way more offensive firepower than most of their opponents and is designed for a finesse game" and haven't managed to make a Finals appearance in that time. The question you HAVE to be asking at this point is, what will it take?
The Bruins do better because they play as a team and everyone buys into it. They lose good players and they keep on ticking because of their team first attitude while we lose one of our core 4 and everything falls apart...not because the rules change in the playoffs

. Building the team the right way, for me, means a balance of skill and grit. It doesn't help that all our top guys are not do whatever it takes Ill go down swinging types....If two of them had the Mckinnon Crosby Tkachuk Marchand type attitude/resolve I think we would have gone much further in the playoffs than we have. Personally I would prefer one of our top priced talent be a bona fide number one stud D but thats another conversation

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00