GDT: Le Butthurts de Montreal at YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Good ole Canadian boy vs. USSR
It is raw prejudice. The Stormtrackers had a lunch every year where Refs come in and talk. They love to yuck it up with the likes of Justin Williams or McDavid. They cannot communicate well with a player like Svechnikov and see him as "the other".

I'm sure anybody with business-politics experience can understand that the guy who can reminisce with the authority figure about their last Ontario fishing trip is a lot more likely to get leeway over the hotshot young Russian kid who doesn't speak English well outside of complaining about calls.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the game so far. Has the whole thing just been sloppy as hell?
At times some of the guys look like they're sipping Cam Ward's wine at the bench rather than water

Oh, didn't realize they were seperate people. LOL, so that's why I didn't see the Bruins when I pulled up his wiki page...
Put some respeck on Dennis Wideman's name, guy was a pretty good d-man in his prime

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It is raw prejudice. The Stormtrackers had a lunch every year where Refs come in and talk. They love to yuck it up with the likes of Justin Williams or McDavid. They cannot communicate well with a player like Svechnikov and see him as "the other".

I'm sure anybody with business-politics experience can understand that the guy who can reminisce with the authority figure about their last Ontario fishing trip is a lot more likely to get leeway over the hotshot young Russian kid who doesn't speak English well outside of complaining about calls.
I was sort of joking but I think there's a bit of truth to it, as well as him just being a young guy who did take some pretty dumb penalties when he was first entering the league. But he gets zero leeway for whatever reason but I don't want to turn this into a political thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad