LD Zeev Buium - University of Denver, NCAA (2024, 12th, MIN)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Haagen Dazs

Mar 23, 2016
This is the most in-depth breakdown of Zeev Buium and it discusses why he's the top ranked D in this draft.

Reactions: TimeZone and Static

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He is now tied for betting favorite to go 3rd overall to the ducks.

If he goes 3, the ducks must absolutely have him a strong BPA, because he doesn't really fit a need or what I would consider what Verbeek would ideally want.
Wait really? I watched the Marek show when I woke up at 6am and took a juicy $250 bet at +1400 and went golfing. I see now that the option to bet on who’s going to be the #3 pick is not available anymore

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpeg
    IMG_3370.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Wait really? I watched the Marek show when I woke up at 6am and took a juicy $250 bet at +1400 and went golfing. I see now that the option to bet on who’s going to be the #3 pick is not available anymore

And here I was feeling good about placing $25 on those same odds last night.

I didn't think it would hit, it still may not but if I seen thie coming I'd have added so, so much more.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm not buying that ANA is going to build their team with Buium, Mintyukov, and Zellwegger

Reactions: tomd

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'm not buying that ANA is going to build their team with Buium, Mintyukov, and Zellwegger
Trades are still a thing. If they prefer Buium and think he's their best LD (and the best prospect available at 3), they might just trade Zellweger or Mintyukov for a very good return. Not sure why that would not be an option.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Trades are still a thing. If they prefer Buium and think he's their best LD (and the best prospect available at 3), they might just trade Zellweger or Mintyukov for a very good return. Not sure why that would not be an option.
If they were to get Buium, Minty isn't going anywhere, Zell I think would be used as a chip

Reactions: Realgud

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Sure, but if you draft Buium are you going to be able to maximize Zell or Mintukov to get a top return for them? Zeev becomes their power play QB long term

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Why not?

Mintyukov is 6′1″ and Buium is 6'. Both are great in their own zone. Zellweger is on the third pairing.
"Both are great in their own zone" is a stretch and I adore both those guys. How many good playoff teams have three average sized, puck moving LD?

Reactions: tomd

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Sure, but if you draft Buium are you going to be able to maximize Zell or Mintukov to get a top return for them? Zeev becomes their power play QB long term
Well, Zell and Mintyukov might both be on the NHL roster before Buium, so they have time to showcase themselves before the ducks decide what to do with them. If they do well, they could get a haul.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Predictable “fall” for a guy without any standout projectable skills who benefited massively from being the only halfway decent American prospect this year. Has a pretty good shot at being a steady top-4 guy for the Wild and a solid pick in hindsight but teams ahead were just looking for stronger ceiling and/or floor.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Predictable “fall” for a guy without any standout projectable skills who benefited massively from being the only halfway decent American prospect this year. Has a pretty good shot at being a steady top-4 guy for the Wild and a solid pick in hindsight but teams ahead were just looking for stronger ceiling and/or floor.

Right on cue with not only a bad take but an anti-American one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can see a Buium - Faber pairing being one of the best in the league.

He had one of the best draft seasons in NCAA history, you're kind of underselling a bit here. :laugh:

Buium might have been the second or third choice for a lot of clubs in the top ten. He has incredible hockey sense which is the real differentiator between elite D and middle pair types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad