LD Zack Sharp - Sioux Falls Stampede, USHL (2023 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought he was bad at the Hlinka, but I actually see some potential that makes me think he'll be drafted. 6'1 left-shot defenseman that skates pretty well and has some skill. Didn't love his defending. Doubt he'd be any higher than a late pick, but probably is a late pick. Committed to Western Michigan.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I thought he was bad at the Hlinka, but I actually see some potential that makes me think he'll be drafted. 6'1 left-shot defenseman that skates pretty well and has some skill. Didn't love his defending. Doubt he'd be any higher than a late pick, but probably is a late pick. Committed to Western Michigan.

Agreed, if his last name wasn't sharp, i'm not sure he's on the hlinka team.

Our D struggled overall though.

Mccarthy was probably the most polished of them all with strathman the most dynamic.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't get drafted, but he's got tools. If he shows even a little progress defensively, he'll be picked in the next few years or signed as a UDFA. Had 12 points in 57 USHL games. Headed to Western Michigan for next season.

My scouting repot from his USHL season.

Left-shot defenseman. Defensive decision-making is a train wreck, but he’s 6’1, skates close to very well, he’s aggressive at joining the rush, and he possesses a puck game, although I wouldn’t say it’s anything more than replacement level. There’s some offensive potential due to how he plays, and then you could imagine there’s some defensive potential because he’s 6’1 and how he skates, but the decision-making with the puck is so sloppy and he plays very soft too. I could completely understand why he wouldn’t be picked. He’s currently not any good at junior hockey, and it’s not as if his upside is a 1D. But I could also understand why he would be picked. If he learns to play better defense, he’ll probably be an NHL defenseman. Doubt he’ll be any more than a late rounder, but I think there’s a good chance someone could take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad