LD Veeti Vaisanen - KooKoo, SM-sarja u20 (2024 Draft)

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
May sound stupid but remove those 2 goal costing errors and his play was fine if not good for underager.. that is big if thou
Yes. But I saw nothing impressive about him. Kiviharju and Jokinen were both very clearly better than him.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
He has consistently played up with the ‘05’s,
skates well and has solid defensive awareness.

He Is playing as an underager for one of the worst Finnish age groups in recent memory. Yes he has been bad and made some boneheaded plays that have lead directly to goals, but it feels to me there is some misplaced anger here. It’s not Väisänen’s fault the Finns lost to the Slovaks…
Kiviharju and Jokinen are also underagers and they were both way better than Väisänen.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He has consistently played up with the ‘05’s,
skates well and has solid defensive awareness.

He Is playing as an underager for one of the worst Finnish age groups in recent memory. Yes he has been bad and made some boneheaded plays that have lead directly to goals, but it feels to me there is some misplaced anger here. It’s not Väisänen’s fault the Finns lost to the Slovaks…
Who's blamed Väisänen on Finland getting eliminated in U18 WJC's.
Väisänen made some horrific mistakes for sure especially vs USA but
mainly it was abysmal suomi-sarja level coaching who shit into bed
and was totally inept to change nothing.

Finnish junior leagues ( U20, U18, U16 SM sarja's ) sucks ass
and that's now destroying whole junior development system in Finland
it is our hockey associations responsibility to react immediately
and start make changes but unfortunately it won't happen so long
when our men's national team is winning international tournaments.

Look those bozos named Lämä and Merikivi who have been both responsible
of Finland's pathetic piss-poor game performances and both quarterfinal eliminations
in junior world championship this season.

If Väisänen wants to be 1st round NHL draft pick next year he better go to CHL.
CHL is superior junior development league compared to Finnish juniors leagues.

It is time to wake up to reality and realise Finnish junior leagues cannot anymore
develop our prospects so well as should when all Finnish prospects seems to lack
skating and all basic hockey skills which must be very good or really good
or elite if our prospects wanna be NHL stars some day.

It absolutely tells something when Rantanen became first Finnish player over 20 yrs
who's scored 50+ goals and 100+ points in NHL and Heiskanen tied all time
scoring record of Finnish NHL dmans scoring over 70 points.

Did you know that last Finnish NHL dman who scored over 70 points in NHL
was Reijo Ruotsalainen in mid 80's? and that's over 30 yrs ago.

Last edited:

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
No Väisänen in Finland's Hlinka-Gretzky roster. Not sure why. He played in the last U18 game against Finland U19 Challenger team.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

I went in depth on Väisänen and his game and why he is one of my early favourite players for the 2024 NHL draft. He has been very impressive in the Liiga this season and I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him make the Finnish WJC team in December. Can’t wait to see him the rest of the year!

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

I went in depth on Väisänen and his game and why he is one of my early favourite players for the 2024 NHL draft. He has been very impressive in the Liiga this season and I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him make the Finnish WJC team in December. Can’t wait to see him the rest of the year!
Pretty cool to see someone who started out here move on up in the hockey world. Well deserved.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

It shouldn't be very difficult for Väisänen to make WJC team. Finland's defense is going to be very very weak this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
On paper it seems like this kid should be ranked higher (much higher?)? But Button is the only one with a first round grade on him. Am I missing something here?

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
On paper it seems like this kid should be ranked higher (much higher?)? But Button is the only one with a first round grade on him. Am I missing something here?
Väisänen is a good skater, but his hockey IQ seems questionable.

Reactions: Blueston

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Central scouting has him at 19th amongst European skaters. Usually that equates to late second, early third round.

Seems like his minutes have gone up and down playing in Liiga.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Yeah, he's been all over boards because he's not the most consistent player, although these falls always happen for non-star players who stick in European pros.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Not very impressed with Väisänen's U18 performance. He wasn't terrible like last year, but I expected more from someone who had played in Liiga most of the season. Just like Kiviharju, he doesn't look like a first round pick and was overhyped. Kiviharju-Väisänen pairing was outplayed by Nykyri-Jokinen pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad