LD Owen Pickering - Swift Current Broncos, WHL (2022, 21th, PIT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Never hated the pick on draft day. Did I prefer Yurov or Lambert at the time? Yes. But I got it. If Pickering hit, he’s an immensely valuable piece and you’re gambling on him developing with just a later first.

Doesn’t seem like it’s come together quite like we’d hoped so far but I’m not really resigned to him being a complete bust until I see him play a year in pro. He was always a longer term project.

even if he never really progresses physically from where he is now— he’s 6’5 and can skate at a pro level. If he’s got decent sense he can be a poor mans Marcus Pettersson or Scandella and stick around the league as a bottom pair/depth D.
I would have traded back and take Casey & Hutson. If you wanted a more defensive defenseman, I preferred Ryan Chesley over Pickering by a lot.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I would have traded back and take Casey & Hutson. If you wanted a more defensive defenseman, I preferred Ryan Chesley over Pickering by a lot.
I think every GM and their mother would trade back, acquire 2 picks, and draft 2 players they had ranked higher and liked more when compared to a player they didn’t prefer.

Clearly was top player on Pens board. Hopefully he can develop into something. It’s still pretty early tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad