LD Noel Fransen - Farjestad BK J20, J20 Nationell (2024, 69th, CAR)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was looking for some info on this player and couldn’t find a thread. All I know is he’s putting up a bunch of points this year and was a captain for the j18 Farjestad team last year. Would appreciate some more info from anyone who has seen him play.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Really thought he had an HF page but I don't see it. I have watched a bit of Fransén, and I feel he plays the prototypical uptempo, offensive game of the recent crop of smaller Swedish LHD's. Really good offensive vision and awareness for the puck, he's the type of guy who spots chances either for shooting or passing quite well. Not an overly defensive defender but some good IQ and offensive skill that should get him drafted early Day 2.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Didn't make Bob McKenzie or Craig Button's draft lists and Central scouting didn't even add him. Really bizarre no one is putting him on lists when he's doing well stats wise and has been playing in the SHL. Even from my watches I felt he was arguably a 2nd-3rd round pick. Turnovers and defensive focus can be an issue at times but odd to see all the big Scouting places pass on him.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
What’s the NHL potential?

I think it‘s a case of hobby scouts liking a player more than NHL scouts.

He’ll get drafted but probably closer to the end of the draft. Small, and doesn’t do any thing really well.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
What’s the NHL potential?

I think it‘s a case of hobby scouts liking a player more than NHL scouts.

He’ll get drafted but probably closer to the end of the draft. Small, and doesn’t do any thing really well.
Not that small, over 6 feet, he has some issues but didn't look all that out of place in the SHL, don't see why he should be less regarded than similar style D out of Sweden and they typically went in the 1st or 2nd round. As a group they haven't been major successes and the first rounders haven't lived up to draft pedigree and hype, certainly not the guys picked very high like Victor Söderström for example, but at the same time a lot of them have made the NHL in lesser roles so I'd argue he'd be well worth the bet in the 2nd round and definitely if picked after that round.

Reactions: Blueston

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Didn't make Bob McKenzie or Craig Button's draft lists and Central scouting didn't even add him. Really bizarre no one is putting him on lists when he's doing well stats wise and has been playing in the SHL. Even from my watches I felt he was arguably a 2nd-3rd round pick. Turnovers and defensive focus can be an issue at times but odd to see all the big Scouting places pass on him.

His game with Sweden U19 vs Switzerland U19 was the 1st time I saw him play. Very small sample size but I can tell from that one game why he was never selected for Swedish National teams and left off notable draft lists. I can't tell when I last saw a player being this overwhelmed in a hockey game. He was the reason why Sweden lost. Responsible for all three goals against and lots of Swiss quality chances while he himself produced nothing but turnovers, created no offense at all.

Strange because his stats really look good but at the same time I don't think that poor game vs Switzerland was a coincidence either. I can't write a final verdict based on one game but certainly some red flags there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad