LD Mikhail Gulyayev - Avangard Omsk, KHL (2023, 31st, COL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/700461/mikhail-gulyayev

The kid attracted a lot of attention at the Youth Olympics. He was too young to play in the MHL this season, so he played for Avangard U17 at the Russian club's championship. The final stage of the tournament is going on right now, and he leads all defensemen in scoring with 2+8 in 11 games. Which isn't bad at all considering he's U16, and the tournament's lead scorers are MHLers Gazizov and Trikozov, both with 13 points.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Cool goal at 1:42:54 Gazizov to Gulyaev to Trikozov. BTW Gulyaev is Avangard's captain despite being one of the youngest player on the team.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So he scored 2+11 in 7 games. Good for 8th overall. The next best D scored 1+7 in 7 games. He was one of the youngest players at the tournament.

Pity, he can't go to the CHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This kid is going to be good. He is equally good offensively and defensively.

I agree. He's a very complete player already. My main concerns would be that he lacks size and he's not ultra-dynamic. But I think he's likely to be at least a top two rounds pick. High floor player for a kid his age.

Reactions: MaKarter

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I agree. He's a very complete player already. My main concerns would be that he lacks size and he's not ultra-dynamic. But I think he's likely to be at least a top two rounds pick. High floor player for a kid his age.

He's still a very good skater and always in a right position. He doesn't need to be very dynamic. Reminds me Markov. As to his size, he's just 16 and he's 5'11. So 6'0-6'1 is quite possible, which will be decent for an offensive high IQ defenseman.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Scored his 1st MHL goal. 1+1 after 3 games. The kid is defenseman and 16. Kinda reminds Makar. Size, skating, scoring touch. He's even decent defensively.

If he can reach near the Makar level that would be tremendous for Team Russia. Just hope he keeps learning, practicing and developing and growing as well. ;)

Henti1820

Nov 30, 2021
Scored his 1st MHL goal. 1+1 after 3 games. The kid is defenseman and 16. Kinda reminds Makar. Size, skating, scoring touch. He's even decent defensively.

Sorry for asking,the things that are written here are so good,and i‘m getting pretty excited to see this guy in the nhl,but why isn‘t he listed as a top draftprospect on eliteprospects?
There are the top prospects,and then there are „other notable“

i really don‘t want to offend you…
I‘m new here and just started to get interested in prospect hockey :)

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Sorry for asking,the things that are written here are so good,and i‘m getting pretty excited to see this guy in the nhl,but why isn‘t he listed as a top draftprospect on eliteprospects?
There are the top prospects,and then there are „other notable“

i really don‘t want to offend you…
I‘m new here and just started to get interested in prospect hockey :)

You should probably ask Eliteprospects guys/girls about this. I personally think, he's a defenseman, and defensemen usualy get hyped closer to their drafts. I still think if he was Canadian, he would have had way more recognition. Again, a lot of people see him in top10 of 2023 draft, so again you should ask Eliteprospects.

Btw he's 2nd in scoring amongst all U17 players in the MHL and 2nd in PPG.

Reactions: MaKarter

Henti1820

Nov 30, 2021
Ok thank you for your explanation.

I‘m really not experienced in evaluating prospects

It‘s not that i believe everything what‘s written on EP…that‘s why i started reading here and wanted to know what your thoughts are to some players!

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Hopefully he cements his status at the U18s this spring (unless those are canceled too).

Henti1820

Nov 30, 2021
How would you compare him to Aron Kiviharju?
Kiviharju is one of the top if not THE top prospect D-man 2024?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How would you compare him to Aron Kiviharju?
Kiviharju is one of the top if not THE top prospect D-man 2024?

Gulyaev looked very well at the Youth Olympics, was a PPG at Hlinka/Gretzky and plays good in the MHL. Kiviharju looks great in Finnish U20 league, but he still hasn't played at any big international tournament. It's probably too early to compare them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad