LD Matvei Shuravin - Krasnaya Armiya Moskva, MHL (2024, 97th, FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
Matvei Shuravin has started off his KHL career with a goal and an assist through three games with CSKA. He's big, rangy, and moves well for his size proving to be a strong defender against pros in his limited time so far. Looked up and down in the MHL to start the year, but this Krasnaya Armiya team has looked pretty weak overall (very young team). Could potentially be a second rounder if this form continues.

Reactions: hockey maniac

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Before the start of this season Shuravin was rated even higher than Silayev, perhaps. They could both end up in 1st round if they keep this up.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I know a lot of people don’t know this name yet, but I must say - he has impressed me more than Silayev so far. Dare I say the best Russian defender in the class? It’s close in my opinion.

This is a player who thinks the game extremely well and has great awareness of where to be on the ice. Very poised for a player his junior.

There should be more talk about this kid. He will be a massive riser as the season progresses.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Edit: for some reason, my embed links are no longer working so i’ll just screenshot it, anyone know why this is a problem now?

49747ECB-9066-40E7-B944-EFC48109A632.jpeg

Published a scouting report on Matvei Shuravin yesterday for McKeens, I go In depth on his game, how his rather unlucky early season injury had limited the amount of KHL games he’s seen and just how impressive he has been in the short sample size in the KHL.

As @Caser posted above Shuravin recently confirmed his new measurables in a recent interview, here it is: https://www.khl.ru/news/2024/01/06/525642.html

There’s a lot of if’s here, but if Shuravin can grow to be 6’6 and fill out and remain as mobile and fluid he has shown up to this point, he could be a scary looking defender in the NHL. Dimitri Simishev who had a VERY similar profile last year went VERY high, also.

I really dive deep with Shuravin in the article, so feel free to take a look. Personally, this is a player I’d look at in the lottery.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I really like him. Big, smart, great awareness, moves really nicely - not explosive but with his size he covers so much room with a few steps.

In the offensive zone flashes legit playmaking ability as far as reading the play & making sneaky good plays/passes. I know offensive upside is the knock but he's smart enough in the Ozone that he can play with the top offensive players on his team & not hurt the offense/possession. Shot does need work tho.

Guys like this eat minutes in the playoffs, and the smaller NA ice should only aid his game. Why not 1st round?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad