LD Luca Cagnoni - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2023, 123rd, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Since I'm finally able to search and find his thread again:

90 points in 65 games this year. 7 points in 4 playoff games. First WHL dman in 30 years to hit 90 points.

He's just over a year younger than Zellwegger (2 drafts apart though), but 10lbs heavier and scored more. Will be interesting to follow.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Since I'm finally able to search and find his thread again:

90 points in 65 games this year. 7 points in 4 playoff games. First WHL dman in 30 years to hit 90 points.

He's just over a year younger than Zellwegger (2 drafts apart though), but 10lbs heavier and scored more. Will be interesting to follow.
Easy trick for anyone to find a thread on this website.

Google “Player name” HFBoards
Ex: Luca Cagnoni HFBoards

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Had a great showing at the rookie tournament and likely will go pro instead of back to Portland.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
There would be alot more talk if he was an O6 team prospect. I'm not saying he's the same as Hutson, but they're both small OFD who have had great junior careers and one is seen as some elite talent while the other is never mentioned anywhere.
Maybe that's a good thing. I can hardly keep up with how quickly the Celebrini and Smith threads are moving

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
What would you say is his ceiling? and floor I guess
Floor is he doesn't make the NHL, same as all defenseman of his archetype.

I don't think he'll ever be a star in the NHL, how many ~5'10 and below defenseman have been stars, or proven top pair guys in the history of the league? Ceiling could be a 2nd pair, 1st PP puck moving guy, but even that is a longshot. The fact he's going AHL next year is at least a good sign and hopefully he shows well in that league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad