Prospect Info: LD Filip Nordberg (2022, 64th Overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Those two scouting reports are discouraging. I wonder if it's a kid trying to do too much and impress scouts, or simply a lack of hockey IQ. One is fixable with time and coaching.

Also worried about the comments about skating problems in transition. Straight ahead speed is great, but if you lose a second while pivoting, chances are the straight ahead speed won't be enough to catch up. Hopefully it's a youth and growing into the body thing that will be ironed out.

Definitely sounds like a long-term project.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Those two scouting reports are discouraging. I wonder if it's a kid trying to do too much and impress scouts, or simply a lack of hockey IQ. One is fixable with time and coaching.

Also worried about the comments about skating problems in transition. Straight ahead speed is great, but if you lose a second while pivoting, chances are the straight ahead speed won't be enough to catch up. Hopefully it's a youth and growing into the body thing that will be ironed out.

Definitely sounds like a long-term project.
I’m sure skating coaches watch the tape too. They know if these issues can be fixed or not

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Guessing this is Nordbergs agent. Just letting us know he’s not playing any games.

Look at the profile off all these recent draftees and Tyler Boucher it might be worth it to go to dev camp if theyre back to allowing people in. Might be a bunch of scrums lol

Reactions: Icelevel

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
His rights are held by Youngstown in the USHL - was drafted in the 3rd round in the most recent USHL draft. I am asuming that is what they're refering to.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
So why are people saying Odelius was the obvious pick when he only scored 3 more points than Nordberg?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So apparently we are adding a former dman on the player dev side of things. Maybe that’s why we felt comfortable take raw toolsy d men (that felt dirty)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So why are people saying Odelius was the obvious pick when he only scored 3 more points than Nordberg?

Probably has something to do with Odelius being a consensus top 40 pick by almost every scouting service, as well as one of Team Sweden's key defensemen at the U18s, while Nordberg either unranked or in the 100s at the earliest and did not even get invited to Team Sweden's camp.

Nordberg could prove to be the better pick but Mann is definitely going against the grain on this one.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The name sounds like badass Viking, I’m stoked.

The two Swedes both sound like they like to hurt people.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It would make me very happy if he said Filly don’t do rebounds when crosschecking guys in front of the net

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
It would make me very happy if he said Filly don’t do rebounds when crosschecking guys in front of the net
Dude was well on his way to becoming the Mike Sillinger of the KHL before he retired, shame he didn't continue.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad