LD Artyom Vilchinsky - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dyldude

Nov 19, 2019
He's an interesting one. Super physically strong, throws his body around a lot, just a chaotic bulldozer at times. He's a good enough skater for his size, not really reaching the bar that Silayev has set, but when he gets going, he's pretty shifty and the puck shielding skills make him a tough player to dispossess. He is good at dispossessing himself, though, his vision and decision making on breakout passes are a work in progress and he has an urge to skate with the puck directly into an opponent in an attempt to murder them, really. I think he has the potential to be a really interesting transition defenseman, though. Flashes of good problem-solving puckhandling to kill forechecks and give himself plenty of time for his next move (but, like I said, the next move isn't often that great if he looks to play the puck forward). Really aggressive defending - eats entries at the blueline, suffocates along the walls. He doesn't have that east-west mobility down from what I've seen, so he ends up turning his whole body rather than keeping his body positioning and has a tendency to get caught out by that. Offensive game is mostly just hyper-aggressive pinches to keep plays alive and quick shots. Must be noted that he's only one day off of being a 2024 eligible, so he's basically the oldest player in the 2025 Draft.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
13 on Pronman’s 2025 list. Not getting much buzz elsewhere. Think @Caser also mentioned him recently. 6’6 240 pound defenseman.

I talked about him on one of my podcasts a few months ago. SKA-1946 used him on the top pairing with ‘03 Alexei Yegorov for a chunk of the season and they were the lockdown duo for nearly the entire playoffs, but when Koromyslov showed up he got bumped down. Then he took a lazy penalty in Game 1 of the Kharlamov Cup Final and never played a single shift the rest of the series. He was a lefty playing the right side and looked pretty comfortable, but I don't think he's a mid-first-round prospect just yet. Silayev was a stud for Chaika in their title run two seasons ago, FWIW. Put Volchinsky on a weaker team and he's probably an average prospect although he deserved credit for eating minutes most of the time for a title winner. Solid defenseman though. Really puts a hurt on forwards when he dips his shoulder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad