LD Aron Kiviharju - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2024, 122nd, MIN) Part2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DougBodger

Sep 24, 2023
A team that wants Kivijarju for his potential isn't going to care about a half inch size difference. They knew he was below average height before and that ain't going to change at the combine.

Reactions: wetcoast

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Measured at 5’9.5. I doubt he goes top 3 rounds now
I hope so. This player gives me Adam Fox vibes with being a better skater. The vision and seeing the play develop seems to be there with him. No idea how that will translate to the NHL with faster forecheckers and players bumping you all over the place, but I think his ability to see the play develop quickly will bail him out from those situations. I don't see him dropping past the mid second round, and that's even with the concerns of height and his season injury preventing a good evaluation.

Sampe from the 2000s

Jun 8, 2024

Very NHL translatable and high-end English skills. Not ideal for Tiki Talk, but has borderline elite ability to communicate with fans, reporters, coaches, teammates, referees, and opponents. Overuses some phrases, which is the modus operandi for all hockey players/fans (myself included). Won't starve to death if he needs to order some food. Plus he can use Finnish if he wants to hide his strategies or mess with opponents. Should raise his stock by half a round at least.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Very NHL translatable and high-end English skills. Not ideal for Tiki Talk, but has borderline elite ability to communicate with fans, reporters, coaches, teammates, referees, and opponents. Overuses some phrases, which is the modus operandi for all hockey players/fans (myself included). Won't starve to death if he needs to order some food. Plus he can use Finnish if he wants to hide his strategies or mess with opponents. Should raise his stock by half a round at least.
idk about that, but he certainly a better communicator than, say, a writer for a toronto tabloid

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Lol elite ability to communicate? Wtf are we doing here

Sampe from the 2000s

Jun 8, 2024
Lol elite ability to communicate? Wtf are we doing here
We are joking here (I thought that was obvious). But seriously, for a first time draft eligible Finn, this is pretty much as good as it gets. Hence, borderline elite for a non-native hockey player at his age. He'll get even better in time of course. Yet when a scout calls someone an elite skater, it doesn't mean he could match the fastest speed skaters on the planet today. Or when a scout thinks your strength level is elite, it doesn't mean you could go toe to toe with Tom Stoltman. Same thing here. I don't require you to match a literature Nobel winner in language skills to call your communication abilities elite.

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
It's not only his English, for me it's mostly that he seems outgoing and not to shy or a introvert like a couple of other finns. Almost the biggest mouth I've seen from a Finnish prospect since Laine without the cockiness. I actually think this is a positive sign and could be good and makes things easier for him.
Just hope his skating will improve a lot and that those injuries didn't ruin him like with other prospects like Joni Ikonen, Juolevi and others.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's not only his English, for me it's mostly that he seems outgoing and not to shy or a introvert like a couple of other finns. Almost the biggest mouth I've seen from a Finnish prospect since Laine without the cockiness.
Aatu Raty overshares like he's on tumblr, and isn't cocky. He's also got excellent language skills. I don't think this is so unusual.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Aatu Raty overshares like he's on tumblr, and isn't cocky. He's also got excellent language skills. I don't think this is so unusual.
With all the respect, you are mentioning one other player lol. Kapanen and other kids who lived in the NA doesn't count.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I wouldn't get drafted.
mee neether.

I can see a team with multiple top 64 picks taking him late first or early second rounder as his skillset is very enticing but he is a bit of a project and a high risk/reward type of pick.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

In the second video they said he looks bigger. Does anybody have his actual combine height/weight? Was it still 5'9.5?

DougBodger

Sep 24, 2023
How many guys 5'10" or shorter have been >180 lbs on draft day? This kid is either built already or eating too much pizza.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad