LD Anton Silayev - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024, 10th, NJ)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Lol Fitzgerald continues to draft like shit.

Better options there if you're going to draft instead of rightfully trading the pick. And Fitzgerald and his group of idiot scouts goes with this guy.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
How much longer is he expected to stay in the KHL? How soon should we expect him in NJ?
Has 2 more years left on his KHL contract.

Last year was his age 17 season officially, I think, so they will cover his 18 & 19 years.

I don't know what the rules are officially on it, but kind of wouldn't surprise me if the devils then signed him to his elc and loaned him back to the KHL. I'm reasonably sure that they did something similar to Shakir Mukhamadullin.

Its also possible that he just signs a new two year deal at that point. Wouldn't shock me. That would put him potentially in the league at 22 and wouldn't be the most surprising thing if that's when he was actually ready to come over. Those really big dudes can use the cooking

Reactions: Bone Density

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Has 2 more years left on his KHL contract.

Last year was his age 17 season officially, I think, so they will cover his 18 & 19 years.

I don't know what the rules are officially on it, but kind of wouldn't surprise me if the devils then signed him to his elc and loaned him back to the KHL. I'm reasonably sure that they did something similar to Shakir Mukhamadullin.

Its also possible that he just signs a new two year deal at that point. Wouldn't shock me. That would put him potentially in the league at 22 and wouldn't be the most surprising thing if that's when he was actually ready to come over. Those really big dudes can use the cooking
So we’re looking at 2029/30? Damn hopefully I’m still alive to see it.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
So we’re looking at 2029/30? Damn hopefully I’m still alive to see it.
That's not to say he wouldn't be here earlier. And I didn't mean that to come off sounding like he'd do his two years, sign/loan and then sign another two years over there. His contract is two years, so 26-27 is probably the earliest, but it wouldn't surprise me if he spent 3-4 there. Gritsyuk should be over next year, so may help with the transition make him comfortable coming right over. The devils didn't have an issue with mookie either

But just given the type of player he is, the size of player he is... Wouldn't shock me if there's no hurry to rush him into the league.

A guy like him not stepping into a huge role until he's 22 wouldn't be the most shocking thing

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerzey Devil

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Lol Fitzgerald continues to draft like shit.

Better options there if you're going to draft instead of rightfully trading the pick. And Fitzgerald and his group of idiot scouts goes with this guy.
Fitz has actually drafted very well. The only bust so far is Stillman. Luke Hughes will probably end up the best defenseman of his draft, Nemec already looking like the best of his draft, Mercer was a straight up steal, Holtz is lukewarm (can go in either direction but definitely an NHL player), Mukhamadullin we traded for an assest (at the time we were considered a reach), we drafted Casey who has looked phenomenal. I mean seriously I'm not doubting Fitz when it comes to the draft.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
1719631627754.png

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Great pick for NJD, even if he is nothing but a minute munching defensive D with excellent wheels and a nice first pass. They, SJ, and MN, got lucky that that LHD went got gifted to them.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad