Value of: Lawson Crouse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

umad

Mar 23, 2012
Milky Way
Vancouver could really use a big forward with a shoot first mentality. Crouse is a young-ish player who fits with their window and it seems like he's playing well on paper so far. Assuming Arizona is out of the wild card race during deadline, what would it take to get him?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Vancouver could really use a big forward with a shoot first mentality. Crouse is a young-ish player who fits with their window and it seems like he's playing well on paper so far. Assuming Arizona is out of the wild card race during deadline, what would it take to get him?
a CRAP TON.

Think along the likes of Hronek since Coyotes RHD is their biggest need. Obviously Canucks dont do that.

• Haha
Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Crouse has the kind of contract that is already a severe underpay, I would be willing to move Niemelä and a 1st, but I dont think Arizona would be looking for a established player for futures kind of trade anymore - would probably have to be a hockey trade.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Crouse has the kind of contract that is already a severe underpay, I would be willing to move Niemelä and a 1st, but I dont think Arizona would be looking for a established player for futures kind of trade anymore - would probably have to be a hockey trade.
Crouse, has Bruin written all over him, unfortunately not going to happen.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He’s a big part of our core and unlikely he’s going anywhere. That’s said, it will at least require a 1st round pick and probably a B-level prospect. Could be higher due to his contract being reasonable
I think many teams would be happy to make such an offer, which is an underpay for Crouse.

I'd easy trade the Avs 2024 1st + Oskar Olausson or Sean Behrens for Crouse. I'd even add more. I think several teams would make offers that would exceed a 1st + B level prospect.

umad

Mar 23, 2012
Milky Way
He’s a big part of our core and unlikely he’s going anywhere. That’s said, it will at least require a 1st round pick and probably a B-level prospect. Could be higher due to his contract being reasonable
Hmm, then I'd probably do something like 2024 1st + Brzustewicz (currently 3rd in scoring in OHL as a D+1 RD) + Garland (player who's done good for you guys in the past).

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Lots of term, good 5v5 goal scorer and does stuff off of the scoresheet that is valuable.

I'd say the Hagel trade is comparable. With Crouse having a bit more value. 1st++

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He has a ton of value. I think it would cost a 2024 1st, a recent 1st level prospect, and a contributing young player. Without a really strong offer, az has no reason to make a deal.

From a Canucks pov, I think you are probably looking at:
2023 1st (probably more as this is going to likely be a late 1st)
Hoglander
Hunter B

Not sure I’d do that if I’m the Canucks, but crouse would be a great fit with our forward group. Really all we are missing is a scoring power winger (assuming Kuz gets his game going).

Coyotes won’t deal him though.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Assuming Guenther, Doan or Carcone continue to step up I could see him being traded after next season or possibly in the off season, but it's much more likely that he isn't traded at all. He fits our team in a lot of ways and is somewhat rare on our roster as a big guy who can sometimes score. I don't think we'd trade him for futures either honestly as we already have a massive logjam of prospects coming in and still have a crazy amount of picks.

I could see either packaging him for someone better, which would be preferable, or doing a slight downgrade for two decent NHL ready players in a vein similar to Strome and Perlini for Schmaltz.

I'd package him with Hayton for someone with the potential to be a 1C or a competent 2C, probably. Or someone like Valimaki.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's just one of those guys that isn't gonna be traded unless things change big time from the way they are now. You can come up with what you think is fair value for him but Arizona doesn't accept. You can add another 1st round pick, Arizona still won't accept.

• Haha
Reactions: BCNate

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The Coyotes aren't trading Crouse at this stage.

If they fall out of contention, they're likely going to try moving Zucker and Dumba with retention. Those are the guys to be looking at as the deadline gets closer.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd do our 2024 1st unprotected + Bourgault + 2026 2nd + Ceci

Having Crouse to round out the top 6 and drop Brown to the bottom 6.

RNH - McDavid - Crouse
Kane - Draisaitl - Hyman
Foegele - McLeod - Brown
Janmark - Hamblin - Ryan

ex Gagner

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'd do our 2024 1st unprotected + Bourgault + 2026 2nd + Ceci

Having Crouse to round out the top 6 and drop Brown to the bottom 6.

RNH - McDavid - Crouse
Kane - Draisaitl - Hyman
Foegele - McLeod - Brown
Janmark - Hamblin - Ryan

ex Gagner
If I am the Coyotes I would pass.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad