Value of: Lawson Crouse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’ve always liked this player, and was wondering what his value would be/what he would cost to bring him to Montreal. I think he’d fit in very nicely on the fourth line and add some much needed size and truculence up front. Maybe something around Mete? Or if Arizona was willing to take on Byron, we could add a pick as we have a bunch. Thanks!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I’ve always liked this player, and was wondering what his value would be/what he would cost to bring him to Montreal. I think he’d fit in very nicely on the fourth line and add some much needed size and truculence up front. Maybe something around Mete? Or if Arizona was willing to take on Byron, we could add a pick as we have a bunch. Thanks!
Coyotes need him for the same reasons you want him.

Reactions: Nowotny

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
From an outsiders perspective it’s easier to find a Mete than a Lawson. I would take Crouse 10 times out of 10. If you want to pry a player away you need to at least offer an asset with equal upside. Crouse may never live up to his draft position but his size and tools give him unique value.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
From an outsiders perspective it’s easier to find a Mete than a Lawson. I would take Crouse 10 times out of 10. If you want to pry a player away you need to at least offer an asset with equal upside. Crouse may never live up to his draft position but his size and tools give him unique value.

I wonder if both teams would be interested in a Crouse for Poehling swap?

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
You'd have to give up a player better than Crouse to make up for the rarity of his skill set. I had him pegged as a bust, but he's carved out a really nice niche for himself.

What combination of players/picks/prospects from Toronto would you want to make this trade happen. Here are examples of what may be available:

Robertson
Sandin
Liljegren
Amirov
1st and 2nd 2021
1st and 2nd 2022

Last edited:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What combination of players/picks/prospects from Toronto would you want to make this trade happen. Here are examples of what may be available:

Robertson
Sandin
Liljegren
Amirov

1st and 2nd 2021
1st and 2nd 2022

Only ones I'd be willing to part with for Crouse. Liljegren is on the fence

Reactions: Petrus

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Robertson
Sandin
Liljegren
Amirov
1st and 2nd 2021
1st and 2nd 2022
Wow, you really like Crouse.

Reactions: Mosby

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Justin Barron (2020 1st)
2021 1st
JT Compher or Joonas Donskoi
Alex Beaucage or Sampo Ranta

for

Crouse
Kuemper

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hahaha...not all the Leafs prospect are being offered together!

Toronto needs someone to help with additional grit and toughness that could potentially be a Hyman replacement long term.
Oh I got that but still...I am very surprised at some of the names you included. Also surprised that TML have any space to protect another forward (expansion draft) - had just figured you guys were going to lose a good forward but it looks like you will lose a D instead (Brodie, Hall or Dermott?)

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Oh I got that but still...I am very surprised at some of the names you included. Also surprised that TML have any space to protect another forward (expansion draft) - had just figured you guys were going to lose a good forward but it looks like you will lose a D instead (Brodie, Hall or Dermott?)

With the emergence of Holl as a fairly viable, low cap hit #4 RHD, I think Toronto will have no choice to give up a pick to entice Seattle with choosing a Dermott or Engvall over whatever else the Leafs cannot protect and would like to keep.

I threw those prospects in there because I want to have a good discussion and don’t want to derail the discussion by offending the other team.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Only ones I'd be willing to part with for Crouse. Liljegren is on the fence

I think if you ask any leaf fan that they would do that in a heart beat. As we have Sandin and Niemela coming up and our top 4 is set for a few years as long as we can resign Rielly. But I think your Yotes management see what fans see in him which are tough to find.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think if you ask any leaf fan that they would do that in a heart beat. As we have Sandin and Niemela coming up and our top 4 is set for a few years as long as we can resign Rielly. But I think your Yotes management see what fans see in him which are tough to find.
I’m on the fence with Liljegren. I might trade him away for Crouse but I’d have some reservations. Btw I’m a leaf fan

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I’m on the fence with Liljegren. I might trade him away for Crouse but I’d have some reservations. Btw I’m a leaf fan

I get that but when you have a chance to get someone like Crouse I think you make that trade. Play him 3rd line to start with pp time and if he's having success move him to top 6. He's only 23 had 25 points last year with 15 goals and on pace to hit over 30 points and would be close to 20 goals. Plus the other intangibles he adds and is only a 1.5m cap hit for this and next year. I think thats worth trading liljegren. I get Crouse is having a rough year to start but we haven't seen much of Liljegren at the NHL level. He has the tools to be a top 4 dman but our top 4 is set for a few years especially on the right side. In the end I don't even think he would be available so I think it's wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
With the emergence of Holl as a fairly viable, low cap hit #4 RHD, I think Toronto will have no choice to give up a pick to entice Seattle with choosing a Dermott or Engvall over whatever else the Leafs cannot protect and would like to keep.

I threw those prospects in there because I want to have a good discussion and don’t want to derail the discussion by offending the other team.
I like that you offered quality picks/prospects. Funnily, Holl might be the kind of player that can get you Crouse. Coyotes have next to nothing on the RHS. Demer is UFA. Hjalmarsson is UFA. Lybushkin is a #6 guy. Soderstrom is unproven. Moving Crouse for a RHD that can step in now would be worth considering.

Of course, Holl was not on your list of available players.

Reactions: technoviking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad