Rumor: Lavoie: Gaudreau to be traded by free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If you're going to trade him I'd assume it's to make room to sign Hall. I dont see why they'd have to trade Johnny before they have Hall signed though, or at least arrange it while you can talk to Hall's people

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I can see Carolina getting in on this if the Dougie extension negotiations go south. With two years remaining, I could well see a deal shaped around Suzuki and a 1st, along with a roster player, likely a defenseman.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The issue with everyone who mentions Philly, is who goes back?

Can't trade Frost in a deal due to Patricks's health being an unknown.
Can't trade Patrick due to his health.
Not trading Couts...and Hayes has a NMC
So that leaves the Flyers with no C to trade Calgary which they will likely want

Now on to defense
Provy is a no
Myers is the Flyers only young RHD with top 4 upside
Sanheim...trading him makes the D worse and I don't think they want that
Ghost's value has taken a hit due to injuries and AV/Therrien taking him off the PP. But on a side note, I am willing to bet that any team that trades for him, gets him to rebound if used properly
Prospects: Zamula and York are top ones

JG is a LW:

Giroux, Lindblom, JVR at LW....Voracek, Konecny, Farabee at RW.
They don't "need" a winger.
A healthy Lindblom helps the team be better. Not trading him after dealing with cancer all year, obviously.
If you look at underlying stats, Giroux's numbers this year were similar to last year. Expect a rebound.
JVR as a 3rd line 25g+25a guy is fine

Any trade for JG means cap must go back. Who is cap at LW? JVR. And Flames are not going to want that. They will want some type of blend of Sanheim/Frost/Myers/Farabee...and the Flyers are not going to create hole on D or at C, to add another winger when they have 6 wingers who can all be 50-70 point guys.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Is this guy a reliable source? Never heard of him. Seems like another clickbait thing made up for web traffic

Yeah, very much so. I'd put him up there with guys like Lebrun, Friedman or Dreger.

Not saying he's 100% right or anything - but he wouldn't just make shit up out of the blues. If he's reporting it it's because he heard it from a legitimate source.

Typically he's especially well connected to the Habs organization - I wonder if this implies they're involved in anyway

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So you have to be big and/or tough to play for the Flyers?
Crazy how this myth of the Flyers being big continues:

Giroux, Farabee Frost, JVR(tall but we know is not tough)-none are big and tough
Konecny-small but willing
That's 5 of our top 9 forwards going into next year

Couts, Jake, Lindblom, Hayes-none would come to mind when people say "tough".

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The issue with everyone who mentions Philly, is who goes back?

Can't trade Frost in a deal due to Patricks's health being an unknown.
Can't trade Patrick due to his health.
Not trading Couts...and Hayes has a NMC
So that leaves the Flyers with no C to trade Calgary which they will likely want

Now on to defense
Provy is a no
Myers is the Flyers only young RHD with top 4 upside
Sanheim...trading him makes the D worse and I don't think they want that
Ghost's value has taken a hit due to injuries and AV/Therrien taking him off the PP. But on a side note, I am willing to bet that any team that trades for him, gets him to rebound if used properly
Prospects: Zamula and York are top ones

JG is a LW:

Giroux, Lindblom, JVR at LW....Voracek, Konecny, Farabee at RW.
They don't "need" a winger.
A healthy Lindblom helps the team be better. Not trading him after dealing with cancer all year, obviously.
If you look at underlying stats, Giroux's numbers this year were similar to last year. Expect a rebound.
JVR as a 3rd line 25g+25a guy is fine

Any trade for JG means cap must go back. Who is cap at LW? JVR. And Flames are not going to want that. They will want some type of blend of Sanheim/Frost/Myers/Farabee...and the Flyers are not going to create hole on D or at C, to add another winger when they have 6 wingers who can all be 50-70 point guys.

Probably a package around Nolan Patrick.
Flames are not going to get a better C prospect in return and might take the gamble on him as long as the Flyers add a decent amount of futures...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Is he a Philly type of player? I said the Devils because I didn't think he was big or tough enough to be a Flyer.
Exactly the type philly needs a fast top line player who can put the puck in the net along with making plays, the perfect player to round out the flyers team

Reactions: Mike Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad