GDT: lavcha

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Laval Rocket at Charlotte Checkers, face-off 6pm Eastern.

Charlotte sits 1st in the Atlantic (and the entire AHL) at 14-4-1-0 for 29 points and a .763 points percentage.

Laval is 8th in the North Division at 7-10-1-1 for 16 points and a .421 points percentage.

With the recall of Trevor Carrick to Raleigh, the Checkers lose their top scoring defenseman at 0.89 pts/game, and the guy who set up two of the goals in their last game against Belleville. Hopefully D Josiah Didier is back from injury to fill the hole in the roster.

Necas was moved from center to wing for the game against Belleville, and he responded with two goals, including the breakaway game winner in OT. Let's see if Coach Vellucci keeps him there tonight.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Game starts at 6. Since I have AHL TV I will watch first period and then check it during Canes intermission.

While the season has been great, I was really bummed to hear Smallman is out for the season for the second year in a row. I think he has the opportunity to be similar to Martinook if he ever makes it to the NHL. Hope this doesn't derail his career.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Great start to the period, but our PP was so awful it killed our momentum and they scored right after to make it 2-1 going into intermission. Definitely playing a bit on our heels since that goal. PK solid so far. Letting too many guys stand in front of Ned though (Lavals goal had 2 players screening Ned). Also, Laval is getting away with lots of charges and late hits away from play it seems, they're very physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad