Laval Rocket: Laval Home opener vs Syracuse Oct 18 7PM

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Of things that can be unseen.

AC follows the game and there he is, Norman Flynn in skinny pants and red kicks. 💀

IMG_1128.jpeg

😳

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mesar didn't put up any points but he was excellent with his creativity, passing and overall skills. The kid can play.

Davidson is a much better fit on the bottom 6. Style wise, Farrell is all wrong for that role.
You are not wrong but I am not sure Farrell is better than Davidson. The line of Beck, Davidson and Mesar has played 3 excellent games and no way Vincent splits them up just yet. Farrell needs to be in the top 6.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don't know how Farrell gets back into this lineup. No one deserves to sit. What a game by Laval.

As for our prospects, Xhekaj, Tuch & Engstrom had outstanding games. ABB is going to be a big help to Roy.

Fun game.
This is an entertaining and fun team to watch.

Here are my observations about tonight's game. Again, I will only focus on our prospects:

To this observer, Roy was the best forward for Laval, playing effectively in both ends of the rink. Most importantly, Roy was moving his feet, jumping into open ice and showing surprising speed on the backcheck. Roy exhibited his vision, anticipation, great release and ability to get his shot away in close quarters. If Roy contains to maintain this level of play he'll be among the first call ups to Montreal.

Without Mailloux, I found that Laval's defence was very susceptible to the Syracuse fore-check. Engstrom again demonstrated that he is probably too good for the AHL. When he wasn't on the ice, Laval was in trouble in their zone. Engstrom showed very good mobility and was able to control the puck in the offensive zone for long periods of time. He sees the ice well and can make clever passes that free up teammates. It would not surprise me if Montreal continues to struggle, that Engstrom will be called up. He was easily the best player on the ice this game.

Tuch again had a strong game showing excellent speed that he was able to repeatedly beat defenders wide and played a very physical game. Tuch was a wrecking ball on the ice as opposing players just bounced off him when trying to check him. Tuch is as certain to make the Canadiens as any of our prospects. He has a NHL speed and NHL strength.

Beck, while not having his best game, continues to show off his powerful skating. Beck once again played on Laval's No. 1 power play unit where he teamed up well with Roy. Beck, who had several scoring chances, wasn't as dominant in the face off circle in this game.

While both Mesar and Davidson had their moments tonight, it is most probable that neither will play in Montreal this year. Interestingly, in a 4 on 4 situation, the coaches had both Mesar and Davidson on the ice. With the extra ice, Mesar was really able to demonstrate his high end skills. If this kid continues to grow as a player he will definitely make the NHL.

Xhekaj had a great game displaying the straight line speed and subtle play making that he showed in Brantford. This kid was a force tonight. His speed allowed him to beat defenders to the net on multiple occasions and with a little bit of luck, he could have had several goals. If Xhekaj can gain that missing half step of quickness he will be a force in the AHL and, ultimately, at the next level.

Trudeau had a quiet game, but for a defenceman, that is probably a good thing. I didn't see him make any glaring mistakes and he showed good mobility.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's different heh? It's not like the, the ... eeehh, what's the name of the big team who doesnt compete? I forgot it.
So frustrating. We can live with a rebuild if you just put in an effort.

Barre-Boulet: Too good for the AHL or not good enough for the NHL?
There have been many

Coach liked Flojack's game he kept throwing him out there every second shift at the end.
He was really good

This is an entertaining and fun team to watch.

Here are my observations about tonight's game. Again, I will only focus on our prospects:

To this observer, Roy was the best forward for Laval, playing effectively in both ends of the rink. Most importantly, Roy was moving his feet, jumping into open ice and showing surprising speed on the backcheck. Roy exhibited his vision, anticipation, great release and ability to get his shot away in close quarters. If Roy contains to maintain this level of play he'll be among the first call ups to Montreal.

Without Mailloux, I found that Laval's defence was very susceptible to the Syracuse fore-check. Engstrom again demonstrated that he is probably too good for the AHL. When he wasn't on the ice, Laval was in trouble in their zone. Engstrom showed very good mobility and was able to control the puck in the offensive zone for long periods of time. He sees the ice well and can make clever passes that free up teammates. It would not surprise me if Montreal continues to struggle, that Engstrom will be called up. He was easily the best player on the ice this game.

Tuch again had a strong game showing excellent speed that he was able to repeatedly beat defenders wide and played a very physical game. Tuch was a wrecking ball on the ice as opposing players just bounced off him when trying to check him. Tuch is as certain to make the Canadiens as any of our prospects. He has a NHL speed and NHL strength.

Beck, while not having his best game, continues to show off his powerful skating. Beck once again played on Laval's No. 1 power play unit where he teamed up well with Roy. Beck, who had several scoring chances, wasn't as dominant in the face off circle in this game.

While both Mesar and Davidson had their moments tonight, it is most probable that neither will play in Montreal this year. Interestingly, in a 4 on 4 situation, the coaches had both Mesar and Davidson on the ice. With the extra ice, Mesar was really able to demonstrate his high end skills. If this kid continues to grow as a player he will definitely make the NHL.

Xhekaj had a great game displaying the straight line speed and subtle play making that he showed in Brantford. This kid was a force tonight. His speed allowed him to beat defenders to the net on multiple occasions and with a little bit of luck, he could have had several goals. If Xhekaj can gain that missing half step of quickness he will be a force in the AHL and, ultimately, at the next level.

Trudeau had a quiet game, but for a defenceman, that is probably a good thing. I didn't see him make any glaring mistakes and he showed good mobility.
👍

Reactions: Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
ABB with a masterful showing vs the TB org.

Gignac's line woke up with the addition of ABB. Good news for Laval, bad news for Farrell.

Mesar was -2 so I guess he's a bust now or something @Bombshell11 :sarcasm: ;)

Arseneau injured sucks, but at least contrary to some years, we have more than one guy that can take care of business. Might lead to a sneaky good 4th line if Farrell/Kidney seize the opportunity.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Just got back from the game , Roy was outstanding; he seriously could have ended the game with 6 pts. He’s so freakin smart compared to the rest of AHL players.
I liked Xhekaj also, he’s not afraid to get in the dirty zones at speed. If tonight is any indication, the kid has NHL written all over him .
Mesar surprised me with his skating, but he has to get involved more in the offensive zone.
My disappointment of the night was Beck. Maybe he had an off night, but I was wondering all game why people always say he plays a pro’s game…..did not see it tonight. In fact, the Habs player he reminded me of is Dvorak.
I really liked Tuch, looks like a man amongst boys, he’s a great forechecker.
Dobes made it look easy tonight , Primeau should be worried by now.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013

Roy Goal 5:21
Roy Goal 8:06
Roy Assist 9:47
Simoneau Goal 10:41

@montreal thanks as always for this. Are you allowed to put Laval Rocket in the title? Cause if so I think you should put it in there somewhere, I think you'd get even more views.

I just got home and hopped onto YouTube to check the highlights but I couldn't find. I was wondering if you hadn't posted yet, but you have cause you're the man.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Man Engstrom is way better than I expected. He's like a slightly less shifty Hutson but damn he is elusive out there.

Laval looking great so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad