Value of: Lauzon to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
He was traded for a second round pick already.

IMO, he sucks.

He isnt amazing but he provides something we lack. Remember everyone said regehr sucked when we traded for him (not that i think lauzon is Regehr)

I think hed be a good 3rd pair option to provide some physicality

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I was rooting for a Lauzon acquisition at the TDL as an Edler replacement.

Still think it’s a decent move for the bottom pair.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I feel like there’s a bit of a split between Preds fans and Preds management/coaching on Lauzon.

From the fan side of things, I thought he was over utilized last season and elevated above superior players on our team unjustifiably (eg Fabbro, and yes Lauzon has been used on both sides by the Preds).

I feel like he could become a solid 3rd pair stay-at-home D. Except he seems to get it in his head (and Hynes overplaying him may factor into this) that he can “do more”. He’s just not good at doing more, alas.

That said, he gets shoutouts from staff for leadership, I get he does things outside of gameplay that endear him to the coaches. And he is enthusiastically physical. I just wish he would really accept his limitations and stay within a defense-focused role.

I can’t see the Preds trading him for a 2nd they like him too much. I don’t think any team should pay more, though, he’s simply not good enough. So it probably adds up to him not really being practically available. Although many fans might be more than willing to part with him.
:dunno:

Reactions: Kingspiracy

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
He isnt amazing but he provides something we lack. Remember everyone said regehr sucked when we traded for him (not that i think lauzon is Regehr)

I think hed be a good 3rd pair option to provide some physicality
Only an idiot that doesn’t know hockey would say Regehr sucks. He was solid his whole career all the way to his last season.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I feel like there’s a bit of a split between Preds fans and Preds management/coaching on Lauzon.

From the fan side of things, I thought he was over utilized last season and elevated above superior players on our team unjustifiably (eg Fabbro, and yes Lauzon has been used on both sides by the Preds).

I feel like he could become a solid 3rd pair stay-at-home D. Except he seems to get it in his head (and Hynes overplaying him may factor into this) that he can “do more”. He’s just not good at doing more, alas.

That said, he gets shoutouts from staff for leadership, I get he does things outside of gameplay that endear him to the coaches. And he is enthusiastically physical. I just wish he would really accept his limitations and stay within a defense-focused role.

I can’t see the Preds trading him for a 2nd they like him too much. I don’t think any team should pay more, though, he’s simply not good enough. So it probably adds up to him not really being practically available. Although many fans might be more than willing to part with him.
He stepped up pretty good in McD and Josis absence at the end of the season. He just really doesnt need to play offhand over fabbro like Hynes did from time to time but thats on the coach.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

Thanks for the great response.

I think LA would need to move roster players instead of futures. After you guys traded us arvi, i guess vet wingers arent an area of need for the preds.

What areas do the preds need help?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Thanks for the great response.

I think LA would need to move roster players instead of futures. After you guys traded us arvi, i guess vet wingers arent an area of need for the preds.

What areas do the preds need help?

Well, my vision of next season’s Preds lineup is:

Forsberg-Parssinen-Tomasino
Sherwood-Novak-Evangelista
Johansen-Glass-Duchene
Trenin-Sissons-Smith
Josi-Fabbro
McDonagh-Barrie
Lauzon-Carrier
Saros/Lankinen

… soooo… I mean a lot depends on just how management wants to approach things. The 3 young centers look ready. The young RWers look ready. But is management content to see how they do, or would they look for something more proven?

Sherwood is the only truly “placeholder” body… he seemed to have good chemistry on that line, but if Trotz wanted to upgrade him he has ample Cap space to do so via free agency, he doesn’t need to make a trade.

We have 13 draft picks.

I guess I don’t really see much likelihood of a trade.

Personally, I would very cheerfully trade Lauzon for a skill D like Spence or a younger forward like Kupari, but I don’t believe management would. And already you might be cringing at that valuation, even while I maintain that the Preds like Lauzon too much to do either of those swaps! :oops:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad