GDT: LAT vs. FRA May 12, 2024

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
what do you excpect from a guy that had 2+1 in 45 games this season? what is he even doing in the first line? is it only because he played in SHL?
I guess they put him in the top line in the last friendlies, when Latvia won 8:0, and he is there since then.

Funnily enough, he was playing many times in the top line in SHL too, for some reason.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Honestly, a lot of it comes down to being unlucky. We had some great looks this period. We need to keep up the pace and persevere this Hans Moleman-tier luck for another period. It's bound to stop at some point, right?

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
It just f***ing sucks so much that Balcers got injured right before the WC, he is the kind of guy we are missing right now. Depth has always been terrible for us, if we miss even 1-2 key players our offense goes to shit.

Because he tried to block a shot 5v3? :laugh: At least he's more useful than your comments.
He loses every puck battle, hes weak on the puck, he has no field vision whatsoever. Useless. Hes not an NT level player.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
It just f***ing sucks so much that Balcers got injured right before the WC, he is the kind of guy we are missing right now. Depth has always been terrible for us, if we miss even 1-2 key players our offense goes to shit.
I mean, just looking at C, we're missing:
Blueger
Girgensons
Batna
Locmelis
right now.
That's arguably 4 out of our 5 best centermen.

We still should be able to beat France, though.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He loses every puck battle, hes weak on the puck, he has no field vision whatsoever. Useless. Hes not an NT level player.
He isn't even the worst defenseman on the team. And with some cushion. Again, it feels like you should pick a different nation to support, one that would beat Poland with authority and has a plethora of defensemen to choose from. I suggest Sweden maybe?

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
I mean, just looking at C, we're missing:
Blueger
Girgensons
Batna
Locmelis
right now.
That's arguably 4 out of our 5 best centermen.

We still should be able to beat France, though.
True, however we looked great last year even without Bļugers and Girgensons. Losing Ločmelis due IIHF being IIHF sucks thoigh.

He isn't even the worst defenseman on the team. And with some cushion. Again, it feels like you should pick a different nation to support, one that would beat Poland with authority and has a plethora of defensemen to choose from. I suggest Sweden maybe?
Oh, im sorry i didnt know a fan of his countries national team cant be frustrated, my bad. Wasnt aware of that rule.

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I mean, if Mamcics isn't taken we will have to turn to players from French, Danish and Norway leagues. Not sure that would be any better.

Maybe it's a shame that Kulda stopped playing in NT.

Also, feels like ignoring Bicevskis is biting us.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Oh, im sorry i didnt know a fan of his countries national team cant be frustrated, my bad. Wasnt aware of that rule.
Yeah nah, it's totally fine to spread your verbal diarrhea on the players you are supposed to support repeatedly without contributing next to nothing but that to the conversation. It does seem like awareness isn't your strong suit.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Dzierkals again... Like seriously, when did he become so bad at putting anything in the actual net.
Honestly, Dzierkals is bringing the top line down.
what do you expect from a guy that had 2+1 in 45 games this season? what is he even doing in the first line? is it only because he played in SHL?
I will not hear one more bad word about Dzierkals. He won the Swedish Championship with my hometown team and was on the ice for 55:04 penalty killing minutes without letting in 1 goal in the regular season. He's a cult hero now. He also increased his points per game with 181,25 % from the regular season to the playoffs and had 8 points in 11 games in Champions Hockey League.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Yeah nah, it's totally fine to spread your verbal diarrhea on the players you are supposed to support repeatedly without contributing next to nothing but that to the conversation. It does seem like awareness isn't your strong suit.
Alright bud, ill be sure to take some coaching on how im supposed to be a fan of my team, thanks. I support the team not any individual player. If i dont think someone is playing good, ill say it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
While it shouldn't be the case I think in those situations the fact that Latvia had 5 min major for really a nothing before plays into the ref's mind.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Latvia takes the lead.

While it shouldn't be the case I think in those situations the fact that Latvia had 5 min major for really a nothing before plays into the ref's mind.
Didn't help that Jaks jumped over the boards and was out there for the start of the PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad