GDT: Last Preseason Game - Habs B squad vs Sens Goons - 7pm EST

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I hate the concept of organic growth by itself. By the time it's done Suzuki will be 35 and Slaf on the wrong side of 30. Hughes needs to get off his ass, find some balls and buy out dead weight and bring some players that can actually play. That's why he gets paid 5M+ a year.
They’re rebuilding the right way, like it or not.

Their most important player isn’t even here yet and he is 18 years old.

• Love
Reactions: Gravity and Habs13

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Holy hyperbole on this forum. Pre-season means squat. Getting prepared for the season? Wot? Have you seen how the NFL teams prepare for regular season??? Yet, they only play 17 games. Their regulars play a quarter or a half game. And they don’t try very hard. Think All-Star Game type of effort. And if there is a sport where synchronicity needs to be at prime level, it’s NFL football.

Habs have plenty of time to get prepped up.

Oh, and Montreal isn’t the only team that takes those games mucho lightly. Last night, Detroit looked like a gang that binged hard that same day. These pre-season games are useless.

Enough of those, and enough of stupid injuries.

Lesssss gooooooo!!!!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dobes was the
It’s the F’ing preseason. If they went 6-0 with 20 PP goals, it wound be just as meaningless. The Laine injury does suck, however.
That is simply not true.
You absolutely want to find a decent level of execution which is what the pre season is supposed to be all about.
O fer with No fer scoring chances is just not acceptable.
Throw in that shortie and we are running at the league leading 12 pace we gave up last year.
The PP and the PK were identified as the one area we have to improve on to take the next step.
Traditional wisdom says a 100% aggregate is breaking even we sure as shit weren't 100% on the PK. :help:

It's hard for me to believe that things are clicking any better behind the scenes given those types of performances.
I don't give a crap about the score but how many really good hockey plays have we actually seen.
Suzuki to Hutson to Dach 6v5 and then I'm drawing a blank okay maybe Roy to Anderson...
How many breakaways generated how many odd man rushes generated.
Shitty passes behind players all over the ice when they actually got through is what I saw far too often.

But yeah it's only the pre season. What the f*** do I know.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Holy hyperbole on this forum. Pre-season means squat. Getting prepared for the season? Wot? Have you seen how the NFL teams prepare for regular season??? Yet, they only play 17 games. Their regulars play a quarter or a half game. And they don’t try very hard. Think All-Star Game type of effort. And if there is a sport where synchronicity needs to be at prime level, it’s NFL football.

Oh, and Montreal isn’t the only team that takes those games mucho lightly. Last night, Detroit looked like a gang that binged hard that same day. These pre-season games are useless.

Lesssss gooooooo!!!!

It should be noted that since NFL starters started sitting out most or all of preseason the quality of football in the early weeks of the regular season has been almost universally panned.

Reactions: dinodebino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Lesssss gooooooo!!!!
With most of the players jobs being running into each other I don't quite see the same level of skill requirement in an NFL pre season game.
In hockey the good players have to be quarterbacks and receivers at the same time. :sarcasm:
Some execution is usually a good thing.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Great post game commentary from Jon Goyens as usual , are you listening Marty! As far as the preseason games go,Oof! muting the sound and replacing it with the Benny Hill show theme song would be more appropriate (good one Stu Cowen) i don’t expect any drastic coaching changes but good Lord , get someone who knows how to run a power play. After seeing tonight’s power-play, I think they should come up with a new category,”the power play kill”:laugh: because we’re awfully good at it ,at one point it almost looked like we were defending on the power-play because we were afraid to get scored on :facepalm:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
With most of the players jobs being running into each other I don't quite see the same level of skill requirement in an NFL pre season game.
In hockey the good players have to be quarterbacks and receivers at the same time. :sarcasm:
Some execution is usually a good thing.
Eesh, completely disagree. NFL teams are the most synchronized sports teams. Their playbooks are immense. Hockey does not come close. I would go as to say that the only comparable sport is Euro football.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't care if it sounds hyperbolic or overreactionary, MSL has to be let go or (preferably) reassigned at some point this year if this team wants to improve. He's a great leader and great with the young guys, but he is an awful AWFUL coach and it's starting to affect our young core's development at this point.

I really hope they demote/reassign him to an assistant and hire another coach. I still want him in the organization, but he should not be our head coach.

Reactions: HabsAddict

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't care if it sounds hyperbolic or overreactionary, MSL has to be let go or (preferably) reassigned at some point this year if this team wants to improve. He's a great leader and great with the young guys, but he is an awful AWFUL coach and it's starting to affect our young core's development at this point.

I really hope they demote/reassign him to an assistant and hire another coach. I still want him in the organization, but he should not be our head coach.
The last thing this team needs right now is a systemic coach.

Sookind

Aug 19, 2020
Who was the first round pick that Yotes drafted from Dvorak's trade? Is he any good?
They had 2022 first + 2rnd 2024 from the trade = Filip Bystedt and Alfons Freij. Not good to be honest.Bystedt was traded with picks to draft Connor Geekie so i think they won the trade finaly,they moved Geekie for Sergachev

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Eesh, completely disagree. NFL teams are the most synchronized sports teams. Their playbooks are immense. Hockey does not come close. I would go as to say that the only comparable sport is Euro football.
Okay gotta know the playbook learn how run and defend routes read defenses but It's still the O line and the D line that determine most games.
The ball is in one guys hands and a running back often gets the most touches.

Marty's concepts must be tougher to learn than that because nobody seems to get it. :laugh:

I generally don't like our execution on most nights but this pre season was extra special.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

God relax dude.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
God relax dude.
If you want Caufield to be a 20 goal scorer for the rest of his career, be my guest dude.

I say this based off what I've seen in the past 2 years, not based off of one pre-season loss. I'd rather have someone who can play to our guys' strengths tactically rather than some dweeb who facepalms every time adversity rears its ugly head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad