GDT: Last Preseason Game - Habs B squad vs Sens Goons - 7pm EST

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Just one comment on this game.

Some Sens fans think Xhekaj was scared to fight Tkachuk.

He just brutalized MacEwen like he was a child. He would do worst to Tkachuk.
Their fans also think Grieg won that fight against Dach. They are what you call stupid people.

We need a PP coach, 0-30 is inexcusable. I read somewhere that we apparently didn't even start working on the PP until recently. What the f*** have the coaching staff been doing since last season?

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We didn't progressed as expected.

I know people get super excited about prospects but a few of us were saying that this looked like another bottom 10 finish (pre-Laine acquisition) and so many argued against that possibility because organic growth but considering that Laine's gone down and the PP still looks useless, I can't imagine them getting out of the basement. Hope I'm wrong.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Was Anderson even playing.. He's more terrible to watch than Hoffman, Dadonov and Diaz combined.

He was the most useless player of the entire pre-season. Pezz was more noticeable then him, no real hits (just going through the motion), no net presence, not effective on the forecheck, kills plays, 0 involvement in post-whistle scrums, did nothing when Laine was hit.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I know people get super excited about prospects but a few of us were saying that this looked like another bottom 10 finish (pre-Laine acquisition) and so many argued against that possibility because organic growth but considering that Laine's gone down and the PP still looks useless, I can't imagine them getting out of the basement. Hope I'm wrong.

It's too early to tell. Pre-season is not always a good indicator. Most established players play not to get injured.

Concerning the PP, I saw some encouraging signs tonight.

It looks a lot like the Winnipeg Jets set up with a guy right in the slot to attract coverage and the main focus of attack being the man beside the net. Not a lot of movement, just simple positioning and taking what the opponent gives you.

This is what fits shooters like Caufield and...Laine.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
We should actually welcome another top 5 pick with open arms. After that Demidov will arrive, Hage too and from there the progress will start showing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I was extremely unimpressed with Mailloux at this camp. Guy looked like he was 2 years away. Hopefully, it's just a rust thing because we need him to be close to making the team next year if we want to make serious improvements, especially with Reinbacher needing more time with his season done already.

Hughes needs to bite the bullet and deal with the cap repercussions of Gally/Anderson in the offseason. Their contracts make us obligated to play them and they are a large reason why the bottom 6 stinks.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We should actually welcome another top 5 pick with open arms. After that Demidov will arrive, Hage too and from there the progress will start showing.

I don't think it'll be good for the group, especially after the expectations they set this year. I just hope it doesn't lead to an internal implosion or a dejected MSL.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
He was the most useless player of the entire pre-season. Pezz was more noticeable then him, no real hits (just going through the motion), no net presence, not effective on the forecheck, kills plays, 0 involvement in post-whistle scrums, did nothing when Laine was hit.
Oh, but don't you understand?! He's a vet so he's not giving his all in the preseason! He doesn't want to get injured, so he's only playing at half intensity.

Which means that, of course, he won't be at his best to start the season, so you'll have to give him some time. Say, twenty games to round into shape.

But then, you have to understand, he'll be down on himself, lacking confidence, so you'll have to let him rediscover himself, go for some long walks by the piers.

So, after forty games, he'd hit his stride, if not for the fact that he'll just have fallen into a rut by that point, all psychological, you see.

But don't worry! He's exactly the kind of big bodied player you win with in the playoffs, which means he'll find another gear when we need him most.

Just wait. You'll see.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Felt like Habs completely out classed them in the 3rd, other than that Monty let in some weak sauce and Habs PP did nothing but get scored on. MSL stop running the PP, you suck at it.
They were awful in the third. It was hard to watch. The only thing good about it was that despite pulling the goalie and giving up the puck Ottawa didn't score, and I think that was mostly Ottawa screwing up. There were so many bad plays. Like Trudeau turning back to hid behind the net and then passing straight to the open Ottawa forward in front the net. Ugh.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I hate the concept of organic growth by itself. By the time it's done Suzuki will be 35 and Slaf on the wrong side of 30. Hughes needs to get off his ass, find some balls and buy out dead weight and bring some players that can actually play. That's why he gets paid 5M+ a year.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I was extremely unimpressed with Mailloux at this camp. Guy looked like he was 2 years away. Hopefully, it's just a rust thing because we need him to be close to making the team next year if we want to make serious improvements, especially with Reinbacher needing more time with his season done already.

Hughes needs to bite the bullet and deal with the cap repercussions of Gally/Anderson in the offseason. Their contracts make us obligated to play them and they are a large reason why the bottom 6 stinks.
I agree.

I wonder to what extent he was to focused on playing mistake free, and kinda lost his identity out there.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Did anyone impress this preseason?
The top line (in their limited games)?
Kap/Hein/Engstrom/BB were decent.
Hutson picked up where he left off end of last year.
Dach was rusty but showing promise once he shakes it all off.
We have no second line again.
We have do however have 3 x 4th lines.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Well... not like DR was going to play for the big club. But yeah....

In general, to me this camp should really open eyes of many MSL supporters.
To what? That he can’t win in the preseason, in completely meaningless games where the only players trying are the few trying to make the team? I don’t know if Marty will become a good NHL coach but it’s silly to judge him on preseason games.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
To what? That he can’t win in the preseason, in completely meaningless games where the only players trying are the few trying to make the team? I don’t know if Marty will become a good NHL coach but it’s silly to judge him on preseason games.
I judge him on previous 2 seasons... this preseason is an extension of that. 0-37 on PP alone is a reason for firing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad