GDT: Last Preseason Game - Habs B squad vs Sens Goons - 7pm EST

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Agreed, Evans is providing more at both end of the ice but Dvorak still produce 2G in his 3-4 preseason games.
Both of Dvorak's goal was him just coming in late to catch a lose puck in front of the net. He just let everyone else work hard and then show up for the finish. If he has to work hard, he can't keep the puck and/or get outskated.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I didn't get St Louis' plan for this pre season. They haven't practiced the PP at all, I didn't notice any improvement elsewhere, and he didn't ice anything close to the full lineup once.

I'm honestly scared they're gonna have a real slow start to the season

Seems to be one of our worst training camp.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Man wtf was this training camp?
zpARZu9.png

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just one comment on this game.

Some Sens fans think Xhekaj was scared to fight Tkachuk.

He just brutalized MacEwen like he was a child. He would do worst to Tkachuk.

Is this the worst preseason ever? It might be hyperbole, but it feels like it. I know we went winless a few years ago, but it was only results. This year, results are pretty bad, but on top of it there are the injuries, the complete lack of focus and the lack of readiness to start the season.

Last game of preseason and we still have all those guys up with the main team? Mailloux, Engstrom and Trudeau. That's half the defensive lineup that will/should be in the AHL when the season starts.

Not even close to being the worst preseason. The 2021-2022 preseason was absolute trash. This time, it was pretty disorganized in terms of roster decisions, but there were positives in terms of play considering the rosters they sent.

RandR

May 15, 2011
I didn't get St Louis' plan for this pre season. They haven't practiced the PP at all, I didn't notice any improvement elsewhere, and he didn't ice anything close to the full lineup once.

I'm honestly scared they're gonna have a real slow start to the season
I think teams normally ice something very close to their starting lineup in their last pre-season game. I have a suspicion that the Habs planned to do that, but after the last couple of games they just wanted to completely avoid the possibility of another pre-season injury to one of their top skaters. I think the Sens did the same… they didn’t play their top skaters last night at Detroit and would normally have played them in their last pre-season game, especially at home, but keep them out of the lineup too.

The result for Montreal is as you say, which doesn’t look good going into the regular season.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I think teams normally ice something very close to their starting lineup in their last pre-season game. I have a suspicion that the Habs planned to do that, but after the last couple of games they just wanted to completely avoid the possibility of another pre-season injury to one of their top skaters. I think the Sens did the same… they didn’t play their top skaters last night at Detroit and would normally have played them in their last pre-season game, especially at home, but keep them out of the lineup too.

The result for Montreal is as you say, which doesn’t look good going into the regular season.
It’s preseason. Completely irrelevant, every minute of it.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
At least there were no injury. X played a real D game, not just fight, Ghule played a solid game and shows he's ready and reach a next step. Kapanen might make the team, or 10 games. We'll draft #5 again next year. Mailloux and some others will progress playing ahl and ready for call-up later this year.

Reactions: Bottomshelf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad