GDT: Last Preseason Game - Habs B squad vs Sens Goons - 7pm EST

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Not going to lie, not impressed by MSL on that one.

Begging your GM to call the opposing team.

Sitting some of your high profile guys who have barely played this preseason.

Not even having announced the starting lineup like... 4 hours before puck drop.

This is a p***y attitude from A to Z.
Completely, MSL should really be looking to get our best players into meaningless fights tonight!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Those teams were Stanley Cup Finalists. It's safe to say we aren't there yet.
The Oilers 4th line DID have 4th players playing like 4th liners. They also weren't in the NorthEast division.
Sure. The point was moreso that there isn't some definitive 4th line toughness indicator that translates to playoff success.

Heck, our current/projected 4th line is not any less "tough" than what we had when we went to the finals in 2021

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Sure. The point was moreso that there isn't some definitive 4th line toughness indicator that translates to playoff success.

Heck, our current/projected 4th line is not any less "tough" than what we had when we went to the finals in 2021
But they also had a "trend", if anything. It wasn't just a random assortment of players.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Let’s talk more when we have a generational talent and a superstar carrying us up front. 2021 we had 4 big defenders that were physical and could throw down if needed (well except Petry) plus Pricer on his game.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
But they also had a "trend", if anything. It wasn't just a random assortment of players.
? Not sure I see the "trend"
Let’s talk more when we have a generational talent and a superstar carrying us up front. 2021 we had 4 big defenders that were physical and could throw down if needed (well except Petry) plus Pricer on his game.

So... You're agreeing that the 4th line makeup is largely irrelevant provided you've got elite talent in place?

Couldn't agree more, and by the work being done, would seem the Habs brass gets that as well ;)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Trying to change the rules as soon as you're afraid somebody COULD get hurt is all kinds of stupid.

Especially knowing Ottawa is not icing a goon squad tonight.

Tell your guys to man up, and if they can't, tell your GM your team is critically soft.

I'm not even talking about physical softness here. This is pure psychological weakness.

I don't think there's any doubt that the amount of injuries this franchise has taken in the last few years has taken a serious mental toll on the entire franchise. Losing Laine and Reinbacher like that was just bonkers.

Reactions: Miller Time

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
? Not sure I see the "trend"

So... You're agreeing that the 4th line makeup is largely irrelevant provided you've got elite talent in place?

Couldn't agree more, and by the work being done, would seem the Habs brass gets that as well ;)
Except I see nothing in our system that is elite sure fire HOFrs

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
Completely, MSL should really be looking to get our best players into meaningless fights tonight!
Tell them not to fight. You know, coach them. Dress the players you planned on dressing and play your game, not theirs. I am so disappointed in MSL actions today I have no words.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Except I see nothing in our system that is elite sure fire HOFrs

Very few players do in their first few seasons...

Kucherov, Point, Hedman, Vasilevsky, Eichel, Pietrangelo, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Barkov, Tkachuk, Bob etc etc.

Heck, Slaf is pretty much on par with Drai through their first 100 NHL games.

Patience is hard, I get it. But the talent in our U25 group of players is very much on par with many recent cup winners 3-5 years before they hit their contending windows

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Sucks for the fans in attendance, one would think they would ice almost-complete NHL squads for the final preseason game, but… it’s preseason, they can do whatever they want I guess. I had to see Pezzetta get the first star in a dull game where the first line was on the ice but barely visible.

It’s good that a rivalry is building again between the two teams though, the past seasons were a bit boring with no real rivalries with the Habs being at the bottom of the standings with not much at stake except a top draft pick.

Let’s hope we have a fun game to watch tonight.

Reactions: Riddick412

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Perfectly fine with not playing top players.

I'd like Guhle to sit out aswell, but he needs to play unfortunately to get some game time in.

Just want a low event game tonight.
Na we need some action, someone has to drop em and need to see some savage tears causing hits

Reactions: vokiel

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This is a complete embarrassment.

How can the NHL be taken seriously or fit into society when teams have to take out players from games out of fear they may be suffer PREMEDITATED ASSAULTS on the ice regardless of how they are disguised.

Lower leagues down to the Timbits follow the NHL. There are parents who will not put their kids in hockey seeing that the NHL has street fighting and MMA components.

Reactions: Riddick412

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I'm expecting a timid uneventful game based on the amount of anticipation. That being said, I fully expect Arber to be ejected in the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: Habs13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad