Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think Torterella will have a hard time dealing with Michkov and Torts won't survive it.
I like Torterella, I just think his old school ways won't work with Michkov.
His old school ways would not work with half the players under 23. He's slowly getting closer to 70.

Reactions: Tyson

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Taking a flamethrower to that straw man. :laugh:
I don’t meant to suggest you were saying he’d be Shea Weber. Im simply saying that no matter how much seasoning he gets in the minors, he will always have limitations due to his size. It’s just a fact that we’re going to have to deal with and no amount of AHL hockey will change it.

He’ll be brilliant offensively and strong on transition. I’m okay with that trade off.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don’t meant to suggest you were saying he’d be Shea Weber. Im simply saying that no matter how much seasoning he gets in the minors, he will always have limitations due to his size. It’s just a fact that we’re going to have to deal with and no amount of AHL hockey will change it.

He’ll be brilliant offensively and strong on transition. I’m okay with that trade off.
Okay, but I didn’t mention any physical limitations.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The way he played against a desperate Detroit team showed me that he is NHL ready. It may become a numbers game but he is good enough imo to play in the NHL right away. I may be way off base...it will be revealed very soon one way or another
Poehling looked too good for the AHL in his debut game too but that didn’t last. It’s a very small sample size. Not to mention that Hutson lost his man multiple times against the Wings. Either way, he will definitely get his chance in the NHL.

Reactions: Rapala

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Poehling looked too good for the AHL in his debut game too but that didn’t last. It’s a very small sample size. Not to mention that Hutson lost his man multiple times against the Wings. Either way, he will definitely get his chance in the NHL.
This is absolutely true. But Poehling did not have the resume that Hutson did.

I think it’s too much to expect Hutson to look like that every game but I also don’t think that it was a fluke either. I think he’ll make the team out of camp but he’s not a lock.

Reactions: tazsub3 and Tyson

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
940curg45g551.jpg

This photo shop claim is so dumb. His legs don't look any different than any other hockey player who's sitting the same way. If anything, it's just slightly more accentuated by the lighting in the dressing room.
Oh ffs can we just stop this shit?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
If a player carries the puck a lot and is one who generates offense he will tend to have a lot of give aways compared to a low offense low risk player as a generality

Waiting for camp to see what his and Koivu's are.
Prime Karlsson and Subban both come to
Mind on this. Easy to point fingers when it happened but no one minds when they pull you out of your seat.

If gets paired with DR for example, he’ll have that steady reliable partner who covers enormous amounts of ice to let him create offence

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's got a lot to prove as a smaller D man and I have confidence he is up for the challenge. His hockey IQ is top notch and his skating/puck handeling is very elusive or deceptive. Once he knows he has a step on a defender, it's go time and not many will catch him without drawing a penalty.

Two areas that might hold him back but not something to dwell on too much this early. His lack of size for a D man (board play and in front of the net) and also his shot. His shot could use lots of improvement.

Aside from his shot and lack of size... the rest is all elite level. Lots of people talking about Hutson outside of Habs land and that should indicate something. Many will be paying attention to his 1st pro season.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
So excited to see him play. There was a clip of him going around last year where he just smokes Barron and a couple of others in practice. I watched it about 100 times lol. I just can't picture this kid not succeeding, he's too skilled and too smart not too.
do you have a link to that clip?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad