Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
Then the Hab's need to get him an actual good veteran D partner that can cover for him. Sadly there isn't much available but I'd think Tj Brodie, Bogosian, or even Ceci would work better in that role then Savard.
How would getting a D that can cover for him help him develop? Hutson is already too aggressive. If anything, a D that covers for him would just enable his current playstyle because he'll get away with making bad decisions more often.

I think he just needs time to develop and learn from his mistakes as well as proper coaching.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Plus minus on its own doesn't mean a lot, especially if your team sucks. When your on-ice play starts looking worse and you're getting famous for your giveaways leading to goals, that's when the stat starts to make you think it may be related to a player's defensive deficiencies.
A rookie blueliner with seven games gave the puck away?

Oh no!

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Plus minus on its own doesn't mean a lot, especially if your team sucks. When your on-ice play starts looking worse and you're getting famous for your giveaways leading to goals, that's when the stat starts to make you think it may be related to a player's defensive deficiencies.
it's the first time he give a giveway that lead to a goals....

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I'm not making excuses here, Hutson obviously needs work in Dzone. And no I don't think he's regressing either lol that's wild to say for a player that's only played 7 games....

But He was a -4 last night, however two of them he had nothing to do with (they were absolute stinkers by Primeau). It's misleading....only makes Hutson seem worse than he actually is which isn't fair.

The entire team is godawful and some of the worst defensive zone coverage I've ever witnessed. That's not going to help anyone's +/-.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Hutsons downfall has been great
Dachs downfall has been better

Can’t wait for Demidovs downfall
Downfall? Could you sound any more ignorant?

youre talking about a rookie offensive Dman and Dach hasnt played since March 2023.... Hutson has looked great offensively after 9 NHL games. His obviously just going to improve his IQ and defensive game.

Kettle meet pot.... As if your Ducks are thriving here after years of rebuilding..... and then they pick Sennecke over Demidov. Yeah, enjoy that one.

Its crazy here how people are more about bashing other fanbases than actually recognizing and appreciating young talent when they see it. Says so much about someone's personality. Just fake hockey fans.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Its crazy here how people are more about bashing other fanbases
first-time-meme-first-time.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Downfall? Could you sound any more ignorant?

youre talking about a rookie offensive Dman and Dach hasnt played since March 2023.... Hutson has looked great offensively after 9 NHL games. His obviously just going to improve his IQ and defensive game.

Kettle meet pot.... As if your Ducks are thriving here after years of rebuilding..... and then they pick Sennecke over Demidov. Yeah, enjoy that one.

Its crazy here how people are more about bashing other fanbases than actually recognizing and appreciating young talent when they see it. Says so much about someone's personality. Just fake hockey fans.
Crazy you last paragraph, considering Montreal fans are the most guilty of that lol

Our rebuild is doing well, sennecke is going to be a beast…. We didn’t pick sennecke over Demidov becuase Demidov was never going to be our pick.

Hutson looked great as a new entity, but teams have video now…. And understand how to play him better.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
You can see all the people with miserable lives ITT :laugh:
There's one guy in here treating it like it's the NBA slam dunk contest. So weird

The rest is just regular banter lol it's whatever. I think most people appreciate and recognize his talent and skill. There will be praise when he plays well, and he will get shit on when he plays bad. It is what it is

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
How would getting a D that can cover for him help him develop? Hutson is already too aggressive. If anything, a D that covers for him would just enable his current playstyle because he'll get away with making bad decisions more often.

I think he just needs time to develop and learn from his mistakes as well as proper coaching.
Every "Great" offensive defenseman has had a good partner that allows them to play their and not worry so much about the defensive side, They have each others backs and know their "Game".

Karlsson had Methot
Q. Hughes had Schenn and now Hronek
Makar has Toews
Hamilton had his career year in part to the fact that Grave's covered for him.

Hutson having someone who can cover him doesn't mean he stops learning. it just means that his mistakes don't have terrible consequences.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
What a talent! Habs fans are in for a treat watching him in the coming years. He reminds me of Quinn Hughes, my favorite player. Unlike Hughes, who developed with a stabilizing partner in Chris Tanev who covered up his defensive shortcomings, Hutson is on his own out there unfortunately. I hope it doesn't impact his development negatively. Yes he will get a lot of hate around here because he's a young small offensive defenseman playing on a Canadian team, we saw it with Hughes, it's going to happen but like Hughes Hutson will make all the critics in here look silly.
I think the biggest difference with Hutson is that he’s just not as good of a skater as a guy like Hughes. He’s super shifty and agile, but he doesn’t have that same power in his stride that guys like Hughes and Makar have.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Crazy you last paragraph, considering Montreal fans are the most guilty of that lol

Our rebuild is doing well, sennecke is going to be a beast…. We didn’t pick sennecke over Demidov becuase Demidov was never going to be our pick.
Arguable, but thats because we have the largest fanbase, and we also have the most passionate fanbase. Something youll never get to experience.

Ducks rebuild is going just as well as Montreal's. They both still suck, and arent there yet. If Demidov wasnt going to be your pick, that was a mistake, just as all those teams that didnt choose Michkov in 2023. Your GM also passed on Buium AND Lindstrom. Thats big 3 mistakes.

But keep running your mouth about rookie Dman on a rebuilding team thats already displayed a ton of skill and playmaking in his first 9 NHL games.... and if you havent recognized that, then I dont know what to say. Youre just displaying what your true hockey knowledge is with your comments.

Imagine how dumb someone wouldve sounded saying Carlsson looked bad after his first 9 NHL games..... McTavish hasnt scored a goal yet, Gauthier didnt have point until yesterday. Zegras I dont need to explain, Luneau's a -4 after 5 games..... ALL DOWNFALLS!! :dunce:

seriously man.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Arguable, but thats because we have the largest fanbase, and we also have the most passionate fanbase. Something youll never get to experience.

Ducks rebuild is going just as well as Montreal's. They both still suck, and arent there yet. If Demidov wasnt going to be your pick, that was a mistake, just as all those teams that didnt choose Michkov in 2023. Your GM also passed on Buium AND Lindstrom. Thats big 3 mistakes.

But keep running your mouth about rookie Dman on a rebuilding team thats already displayed a ton of skill and playmaking in his first 9 NHL games.... and if you havent recognized that, then I dont know what to say. Youre just displaying what your true hockey knowledge is with your comments.

Imagine how dumb someone wouldve sounded saying Carlsson looked bad after his first 9 NHL games..... McTavish hasnt scored a goal yet, Gauthier didnt have point until yesterday. Zegras I dont need to explain, Luneau's a -4 after 5 games..... ALL DOWNFALLS!! :dunce:

seriously man.
How is it a mistake , can you predict the future

The downfall comment was clearly sarcasm but go ahead and cry some more, as per usual with you

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Every "Great" offensive defenseman has had a good partner that allows them to play their and not worry so much about the defensive side, They have each others backs and know their "Game".

Karlsson had Methot
Q. Hughes had Schenn and now Hronek
Makar has Toews
Hamilton had his career year in part to the fact that Grave's covered for him.

Hutson having someone who can cover him doesn't mean he stops learning. it just means that his mistakes don't have terrible consequences.
well said, I dunno what MSL was thinking putting him with Mailloux yesterday. Mailloux looks out of place in his first few NHL games, a lot of mistakes. Its gonna take him time, but he'll get there. Hes almost too good for the AHL offensively, but he needs to focus on his defensive game. I hope management see that.

Reactions: Xirik

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
How is it a mistake , can you predict the future

The downfall comment was clearly sarcasm but go ahead and cry some more, as per usual with you
its what I think, just like I thought picking Reinbacher over Michkov was a mistake. Many share the sentiment.

Dude, if youre going to be sarcastic put the emoji.... simple as that. Jesus.

Or maybe you just posted that to get a rise out of Habs fans. Yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad