Value of: Landeskog vs JVR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Speculation.
Both are available. You need an LW.
Who do you choose and why?

Bonus round... What would you trade to get them.

(Please start the season soon. I'm officially out of thread topics)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
are u serious?
I would pay ALOT more for Landy than for JvR. I would pay Gallagher/Pacs (not that it would) for Landy. I wouldnt dare pay that for JvR.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Landeskog by a mile.

Hanifin or Faulk would be the centerpiece going back

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Landeskog is 23 JVR is 27 Landeskog is signed for 5 seasons before being a UFA JVR is signed for 2 seasons then is a UFA Landeskog isn't coming off a season that he missed 40+ games like JVR did also Landeskog is the better overall player. Landeskog easily has more value.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I think everyone is missing the point of the thread

2 LW are available, would you rather pay more for the player with more value or pay less for a comparable player of lesser value?

Otherwise it would be in the poll section asking who holds more value

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

2 LW are available, would you rather pay more for the player with more value or pay less for a comparable player of lesser value?

Landskog still very easily. I took that into account. He's 23 years old and played his whole career on a disorganized jumble ****. I bet he has a lot of ceiling left.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Landskog still very easily. I took that into account. He's 23 years old and played his whole career on a disorganized jumble ****. I bet he has a lot of ceiling left.

Yes, but if you have to trade your best young assets to acquire him the return may not outweigh the cost

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Let's say Colorado and Toronto make Landeskog and JVR available to 29 teams at the same time, I think almost all teams would initially be far more interested in Landeskog than JVR. It's not even a matter of preference, Landeskog is a superior player, younger and a better contract long-term (those points would make any team whether you're rebuilding, re-tooling or a contender interested in the player).

However, as the bidding war begins, you could see a few teams dropping out and then potentially moving onto JVR. Although not all teams because if you're in the beginning or even middle phase of a rebuilt, acquiring JVR doesn't make a lot of sense.

This question is odd because we have no idea what either teams want in return for each player. Thus, based on having those 2 players available, I think everyone will say Landeskog

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Let's say Colorado and Toronto make Landeskog and JVR available to 29 teams at the same time, I think almost all teams would initially be far more interested in Landeskog than JVR. It's not even a matter of preference, Landeskog is a superior player, younger and a better contract long-term (those points would make any team whether you're rebuilding, re-tooling or a contender interested in the player).

However, as the bidding war begins, you could see a few teams dropping out and then potentially moving onto JVR. Although not all teams because if you're in the beginning or even middle phase of a rebuilt, acquiring JVR doesn't make a lot of sense.

This question is odd because we have no idea what either teams want in return for each player. Thus, based on having those 2 players available, I think everyone will say Landeskog

Oh obviously, but a team looking for a 1st line LW who can't afford the asking price for Landeskog would obviously prefer JVR? Yes in a vacuum it is obviously that Landeskog has more value, but not every team in the league can afford that value. What pieces do you have to acquire that calibre player? Once you answer that you ask if those pieces are expendable, probably not.

For example, say Montreal is looking for a LW with size, Colorado asks for Galchenyuk in return for Landeskog but Toronto only asks for Sergachev (just an example), wouldnt it be worth it for Montreal to pick the lesser player and retain their more valuable piece?

The question isn't who is more valuable, it's not even who you would rather have on your team, it's asking who would you rather acquire.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Speculation.
Both are available. You need an LW.
Who do you choose and why?

Bonus round... What would you trade to get them.

(Please start the season soon. I'm officially out of thread topics)

Landeskog VS JVR is like a Chevette VS a Corvette . Both are Chevy's but value is very very different .

JVR ++ May get you Landeskog if the pluses are big enough .

The choice is easy Landeskog brings more to the table . He plays the game the right way . JVR is as soft as the butter I left outside in the sun this summer

Landeskog would take an early 1st rd pick + or a decent D . Depending on the D there may be a + on either side .

JVR would probably be traded for a 1st in the 15 to 20 range

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
These players are not similar in play style or value. Comparing the 2 does nothing but rile up fans or was that the point of this thread?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't think anyone is riled.

I'm guessing it's a would you rather have the better top six guy or an acceptable top six guy and more balance--considering you'd have to give up more to get the better guy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
JvR might actually be available, if Toronto figures he'll be too expensive to keep in two years time. I don't think Landeskog is going anywhere.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Basically, you're implying that Landeskog is overrated and/or JVR is underrated. Yawn.

Wait what? No. Take off those glasses. Everyone's of the same mind that Landeskog >>>> JVR. What he's saying is, would a team rather pay a premium for a premium player, or pay less for what is more or so a complimentary piece and have available assets to spend elsewhere. How on earth did you take whether or not these two were overrated or underrated from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad