Value of: Landeskog to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
18 players in the league scored 70+ pts last year. 13 players have averaged 70+ pts over the last two years. Good luck getting one of those guys, without completely gutting your team. I wish you luck.

Isn't that what we would have to do to get Landeskog, though? You guys already stated he's not available - I don't see what the issue is.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
16th in points per game in that span (I took out Vessey and Rodrigues). That means he's very average for a 1st line LW. That said.. Nick Foligno is 12th, so IDK if this is such a great stat to look at. Landeskog is clearly way better than Foligno. Either way, the point he was trying to make is we need more more dynamic offensive players. Think Taylor Hall or Claude Giroux. It's unlikely we land someone like that, but if we don't it's unlikely that we make a big splash of any kind.

Taylor Hall scored 9 fewer points than Landeskog over the last 2 seasons. Hall is more dynamic offensively when he's on the ice, but he's only played more than 70 games in 2 of his 5 full NHL seasons (not counting the lockout year), making Landeskog more productive in the long term.

But I get your point. On the other side, I don't see the Avs making any big splashes either. There is no reason to trade a core player 9 games into the first season with a new head coach, unless the trade obviously makes us better.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What? Lol

Its true, they need a game breaking forward like Mackinnon or Duchene.

Stone is the only first line talent on the team and he is banged up, still dealing with concussion symptoms I think. Its the worst he has ever played for the sens right now, he is all out of wack. His entire game is based on elite hockey sense and he isnt in the right places. I hope they sit him out for however long its needed this team is going no where without him.

So trading Stone for Landeskog is lateral.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Isn't that what we would have to do to get Landeskog, though? You guys already stated he's not available - I don't see what the issue is.

The issue is that people around here want a good player, but then when they hear the asking price, they suddenly decide that the player isn't good enough to justify the asking price, and that they should be able to get someone significantly better for that price.

It's like they think they can get Gaudreau (a 70+ pt LW), for the asking price of Landeskog (a 55-60 pt LW).

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Its true, they need a game breaking forward like Mackinnon or Duchene.

Stone is the only first line talent on the team and he is banged up, still dealing with concussion symptoms I think. Its the worst he has ever played for the sens right now, he is all out of wack. His entire game is based on elite hockey sense and he isnt in the right places. I hope they sit him out for however long its needed this team is going no where without him.

So trading Stone for Landeskog is lateral.

wtf would we trade Stone for anyone, Stone is better than Landeskog. If thats what Avs would ask thats fine, easily move on.

But this whole we need an elite forward talk - we are not getting one lol getting a 55-60 point player with jam would be fantastic for this team

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
wtf would we trade Stone for anyone, Stone is better than Landeskog. If thats what Avs would ask thats fine, easily move on.

But this whole we need an elite forward talk - we are not getting one lol getting a 55-60 point player with jam would be fantastic for this team

Mika_Zibanejad_nojj409w_zdxmogf3.jpg

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
The issue is that people around here want a good player, but then when they hear the asking price, they suddenly decide that the player isn't good enough to justify the asking price, and that they should be able to get someone significantly better for that price.

It's like they think they can get Gaudreau (a 70+ pt LW), for the asking price of Landeskog (a 55-60 pt LW).

I think most of us realise a Gaudreu would cost more then a Landeskog. If we are going to give up a lot in order to get a better player, we mine as well go all the way.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Is Zibby??more to the game than just points dude .Would do that trade again without question ,so would many a sens fan :nod:

9 games in 11 points, he sure looks to be. And that's fine, but if you're after a forward who can score 50-60 points and plays with jam, its worth noting that you just traded him

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
9 games in 11 points, he sure looks to be. And that's fine, but if you're after a forward who can score 50-60 points and plays with jam, its worth noting that you just traded him

Undo the trade and we still need a 50-60 point player, as the amount of them we have hasn't changed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep think you need to read what the rangers think of him right now. btw he was benched last game ,he has gotten some points due to his linemates not because of him.We didnt make a mistake in moving him believe me :nod:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd swap Hoffman the sniper for Landeskog the all around player any day. I'd rather have the guy who is above average at everything rather than the one who is amazing at one thing. Hoffman with Duchene or MacKinnon could be really interesting for the Avs.

Landeskog would have been interesting with Zibanejad, but I'm not sure how I feel about him with Turris or Brassard. Would have loved to have seen a Landeskog-Zibanejad-Stone line.

Yeah it would be really interesting to see a top 6 without good two-way players, that's just what we need.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
What do you mean "That mentality?"

So you want to see a bad trade happen because fans are right about how they value a certain player? Wouldn't it be easier to just say you dislike the Avalanche?
I like the Avalanche and Landeskog and think he is (probably) worth as much (or more) than JVR or Pacioretty.

I just like seeing fanbases get triggered when trades happen. Even if they're triggered for perfectly logical and justifiable reasons. I'm not a troll but I enjoy seeing real NHL teams piss off their fans unintentionally.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is Brassard looking anything like a 55-60 point player with jam?

I still love Zibby more but with the way they play, Brassard > Zibanejad and it's not really close. Brassard is much more dynamic all over the ice, and is a much better playmaker. The points are not coming yet but they should

Undo the trade and we still need a 50-60 point player, as the amount of them we have hasn't changed.

Actually, we don't really need to add a 50-60 pts player. Ideally, we'd have MacArthur back, but mainly we need that the actual 5 guys who need to produce put the puck in the net more. Stone, Hoffman, Ryan, Brassard and Turris are all capable of 60 pts and more and proved it recently. Let's say they all get around ~60 pts, then we're in pretty good shape. Right now they are busy learning team defense under the best NHL coaching staff this team has had in a decade, by far IMO.

Yeah it would be really interesting to see a top 6 without good two-way players, that's just what we need.

Are Duchene and MacKinnon that bad defensively? Because Hoffman, while being an offensive player, doesn't hurt his team much defensively. He could use his speed more to recover the puck but when he does, he's actually good defensively.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
if the Avs were to actually move out core guys...who would be the first to go?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I still love Zibby more but with the way they play, Brassard > Zibanejad and it's not really close. Brassard is much more dynamic all over the ice, and is a much better playmaker. The points are not coming yet but they should

Actually, we don't really need to add a 50-60 pts player. Ideally, we'd have MacArthur back, but mainly we need that the actual 5 guys who need to produce put the puck in the net more. Stone, Hoffman, Ryan, Brassard and Turris are all capable of 60 pts and more and proved it recently. Let's say they all get around ~60 pts, then we're in pretty good shape. Right now they are busy learning team defense under the best NHL coaching staff this team has had in a decade, by far IMO.

Are Duchene and MacKinnon that bad defensively? Because Hoffman, while being an offensive player, doesn't hurt his team much defensively. He could use his speed more to recover the puck but when he does, he's actually good defensively.

They aren't bad, but they are nowhere near as good as Landeskog. And Hoffman in nowhere near enough to return Landeskog.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I like the Avalanche and Landeskog and think he is (probably) worth as much (or more) than JVR or Pacioretty.

I just like seeing fanbases get triggered when trades happen. Even if they're triggered for perfectly logical and justifiable reasons. I'm not a troll but I enjoy seeing real NHL teams piss off their fans unintentionally.

I'm guessing that you enjoyed this offseason.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
This is what I was getting at.
If we are gonna trow major assets at Colorado, it should be for Matt Duchene or Nate MacKinnon (Maybe Mac I haven't watched him a ton recently so i dont know if he fits the bill)

For MacKinnon you better be offering EK, cause nothing else on that roster would even get the AVS to answer the phone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad