Value of: Landeskog to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Stone and 1st

I'd do it straight up, though it seems pretty much pointless for both clubs to be honest. Not a good fit here for either team...the Avs need another top six winger, they can't trade their only good one.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If the Sens are trading a lot of value for a quality forward, I wouldn't want it to be Landeskog.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
As a neutral fan I'd love to see a Bobby Ryan (plus?) for Landeskog deal happen just to see HFBoards explode. Avs fans have been saying Landeskog is more valuable than JVR and Pacioretty. Not saying they're wrong. But to see fans with that mentality react to Ryan plus actually happening...

I'm a bad person and I should feel bad.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd swap Hoffman the sniper for Landeskog the all around player any day. I'd rather have the guy who is above average at everything rather than the one who is amazing at one thing. Hoffman with Duchene or MacKinnon could be really interesting for the Avs.

Landeskog would have been interesting with Zibanejad, but I'm not sure how I feel about him with Turris or Brassard. Would have loved to have seen a Landeskog-Zibanejad-Stone line.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
He's kinda right. If we gonna put up a huge package, we need it to be for a purely skilled forward who can score and set up. Landeskog is the next best thing tho.

This is what I was getting at.
If we are gonna trow major assets at Colorado, it should be for Matt Duchene or Nate MacKinnon (Maybe Mac I haven't watched him a ton recently so i dont know if he fits the bill)

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
As a neutral fan I'd love to see a Bobby Ryan (plus?) for Landeskog deal happen just to see HFBoards explode. Avs fans have been saying Landeskog is more valuable than JVR and Pacioretty. Not saying they're wrong. But to see fans with that mentality react to Ryan plus actually happening...

Yeah, and I'd like to see Matthews traded for McLeod. Looks like we'll both be disappointed.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

What do you mean "That mentality?"

So you want to see a bad trade happen because fans are right about how they value a certain player? Wouldn't it be easier to just say you dislike the Avalanche?

Landeskog is more valuable than JVR and Pacioretty. Avs fans don't say it because they have a poor mentality. They say it because it's true. They also get frustrated with fans of every other team making threads about trading for their captain who happens to be the only top 6 winger the team has which is their biggest position of need.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Would love Landeskog but would cost much more than we have to give up for trade and rightfully so....don't imagine many Avs fans would be high on moving him at all.

If we are asking then it would likely take a Stone or Hoffman and a 1stish

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Would love Landeskog but would cost much more than we have to give up for trade and rightfully so....don't imagine many Avs fans would be high on moving him at all.

If we are asking then it would likely take a Stone or Hoffman and a 1stish
Pretty much this ,any move to get him would be lateral.As we would have to give up some decent chunk of our prospect and good nhl youth to get him

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Apparently being the 11th highest scoring LW over the last 2 seasons doesn't qualify you as a "point producer". :help:

Sens already have enough 20-25 goal, 50-60 point forwards. We need a 65+ point forward.

VnrNge.png

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Apparently being the 11th highest scoring LW over the last 2 seasons doesn't qualify you as a "point producer". :help:

He isn't saying that Landeskog is a bad player. He's saying if we are giving up significant assets, we would rather target a star player, someone that can drive the offense. Landeskog is a 55-60 point player, we would be looking for a player in the 70 point range.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

16th in points per game in that span (I took out Vessey and Rodrigues). That means he's very average for a 1st line LW. That said.. Nick Foligno is 12th, so IDK if this is such a great stat to look at. Landeskog is clearly way better than Foligno. Either way, the point he was trying to make is we need more more dynamic offensive players. Think Taylor Hall or Claude Giroux. It's unlikely we land someone like that, but if we don't it's unlikely that we make a big splash of any kind.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He isn't saying that Landeskog is a bad player. He's saying if we are giving up significant assets, we would rather target a star player, someone that can drive the offense. Landeskog is a 55-60 point player, we would be looking for a player in the 70 point range.

18 players in the league scored 70+ pts last year. 13 players have averaged 70+ pts over the last two years. Good luck getting one of those guys, without completely gutting your team. I wish you luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad