GDT: Lame Day Thread: 1/23/2014 - Hawks @ Wild - 7pm CST - FS-N, CSN-Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
The WILD lose a shutout in the final minute? of course, like nearly every other time. I've never seen a team give up more goals in the final 60 seconds of play. Disgusting.

and of course it has to be that jack ass Patrick Kane.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Oh well, we won, and that's huge. Shutout would have been nice but the win is all the matters.

Wonderful win! This team can play with Chicago and that has been proven all season long. Love it.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I don't care if we have to run someone through the Zamboni door, there is no reason we shouldn't score with that kind of time left in the game. It's disgraceful that we can't bury a team that didn't show up and has a chance because they pull the goalie with 2 minutes at the end of a game.

Anyway victory is all that matters.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Zucker with less than 10 minutes of ice time tonight. I wonder if he's headed back to Iowa now that Parise is back?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sucks that Kemps lost the shutout, but we'll take the 2 points. Honestly thought they would tie it up.

Other teams in the league sure didn't help us tonight.

Zucker with less than 10 minutes of ice time tonight. I wonder if he's headed back to Iowa now that Parise is back?
Since Yeo doesn't like him much, probably. He's gonna try to go back to the old ways when they were in that losing streak.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Small thing, but I thought the fourth line of Zucker, Mitchell, and Haula looked good out there. Liking Haula a lot, but hoping the Wild see a way to use his offensive skills.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Small thing, but I thought the fourth line of Zucker, Mitchell, and Haula looked good out there. Liking Haula a lot, but hoping the Wild see a way to use his offensive skills.

His quality of competition can't be all that bad on the fourth line though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
His quality of competition can't be all that bad on the fourth line though.

Which is probably exactly what Zucker needs. Low quality of competition would allow him to capitalize on scoring chances and not have to worry much about playing defense.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
they were out there in the last five minutes plus zucker had pk time too...

no i meant for those guys to get some time to create offense. Haula and Zucker should be out there against other teams plugs most of the night. not a bad position if you want to find a way to make use of their offensive talents. especially if there are two of them on a line.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
3 shots in 9:30 for Zucker

I missed last two periods, but in the first I thought he looked awesome. Dont know what to do though, seems like he shouldn't be turned into a fourth liner. Liked him on the PK in the first.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Haula Zucker is the nucleus of a very nice 4th line. Fast, hands, add Bulmer and that would add some kickass. Better than Ahl plugs.

I want 4 lines of quality. 2 way play is a given with Yeo, why not have hockey players lines one through four?

No more plugs or goons!

schultematt

Jan 23, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Wild win!

Great game by the Wild & those are 2 HUGE points to pick up before the big road trip. I also was very impressed by the 4th line tonight and loved the speed by Zucker and Haula.

As for the board, this is my first post, I'm from Rochester,MN now living in Sioux Falls, SD I read this pretty regularly(mainly when I'm at work lol) and I have enjoyed many of your thoughts and insights! Keep it going baby!!!!

OJ The Bouvier

Jan 8, 2014
Sucks that Kemps lost the shutout, but we'll take the 2 points. Honestly thought they would tie it up.

Other teams in the league sure didn't help us tonight.

Since Yeo doesn't like him much, probably. He's gonna try to go back to the old ways when they were in that losing streak.

Yeah, but Calgary sure helped us out last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad