Speculation: Lalonde

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Lalonde isn't the issue. The best coaches have the best players. Changing coaches with this roster is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic
Torts is an example of a coach that has squeezed out better results than the rosters he’s had and he’s done it on many teams. It depends on the coach’s style and the personnel and how those mesh.

That being said, Lalonde style seems to be to just suck ass and hope that we get lucky.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
So you wanted more Reimer?

Lalonde only had 3 options, and Lyon was the least shitty. If you wanted other options, that would be Stevie's fault.
from March 8th to March 14th we lost twice to Arizona and were blown out by Vegas , Buffalo running poor Alex into the ground.

Not that I loved Reimer but he was giving us a chance to win down the stretch.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I don’t think lalonde can be in our social club anymore.
I recognise Sopranos reference any time and i sense you wanted someone to play Carlo's part.
b25c2e94-e029-46aa-b176-80257782a346_text.gif

the-sopranos-hes-gotta-go.gif

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
He is a dead man walking at this point. I think he is gone within the next 10 games unless things radically change. You can be disorganized but show good effort and you can be very organized with ho hum effort. You can't however be disorganized and show no effort. Last night was an awful bellwether for him.

I still contend fans over explain performance with coaching, but something is clearly, clearly wrong at this point.

• Wow
Reactions: Ulysses31

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
He is a dead man walking at this point. I think he is gone within the next 10 games unless things radically change. You can be disorganized but show good effort and you can be very organized with ho hum effort. You can't however be disorganized and show no effort. Last night was an awful bellwether for him.

I still contend fans over explain performance with coaching, but something is clearly, clearly wrong at this point.
I generally agree about coaching complains when it is a short term evaluation, fans tend to typically over blame coaches for a bad 5 game stretch. As noted though with Lalonde we are onto season 3 now and we still seeing the same problems.

1. This roster has seen significant turnover over the 3 years so you can't just say its a bad apple here or there causing the inconsistent gameplay & efforts. There has been enough turnover that if someone wasn't seeing eye to eye with the coach they should be gone by now. (IE See Walman)

2. The only repeatable system setup I can see is the stupid long drop pass we use almost every single time to try and gain entry on the PP. Not that I love to watch it, but there are plenty of teams that employ a simple defensive system to make up for their lack of talent. The only way Lalonde seems to be able to coach is full tilt offense or full tilt defense. If we try for anything in between we fall apart, which again to me is a systems and deployment issue. We have no designed breakouts. Forwards and D both tend to lose their guys on a regular basis. Our PP is horribly predictable even though at least PP1 has plenty of skill on it.

3. The only player in his 3 seasons that I can say looks better than when he came in is Raymond. Seider I think has somewhat regressed in his decision making since Blash left. None of our Dman in general ever look like they know where the puck should go.

4. Team consistently starts slow. We don't have the talent to constantly have to claw our way back into games, especially if we aren't employing the full tilt offensive method.

5. He's getting a bit better this year but he has been notoriously slow to make a lineup change. I'm not asking for a Scotty blender, but if something is clearly not working don't hang onto it just because one guy is a vet.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

Lalonde will see the end of the season...I'd be shocked if there was any change made...None of the assistant coaches seem worth a damn too...Lalonde's contract ends after this season and that's likely when Yzerman will re-hire Blashill :sarcasm:

I generally agree about coaching complains when it is a short term evaluation, fans tend to typically over blame coaches for a bad 5 game stretch. As noted though with Lalonde we are onto season 3 now and we still seeing the same problems.

1. This roster has seen significant turnover over the 3 years so you can't just say its a bad apple here or there causing the inconsistent gameplay & efforts. There has been enough turnover that if someone wasn't seeing eye to eye with the coach they should be gone by now. (IE See Walman)

2. The only repeatable system setup I can see is the stupid long drop pass we use almost every single time to try and gain entry on the PP. Not that I love to watch it, but there are plenty of teams that employ a simple defensive system to make up for their lack of talent. The only way Lalonde seems to be able to coach is full tilt offense or full tilt defense. If we try for anything in between we fall apart, which again to me is a systems and deployment issue. We have no designed breakouts. Forwards and D both tend to lose their guys on a regular basis. Our PP is horribly predictable even though at least PP1 has plenty of skill on it.

3. The only player in his 3 seasons that I can say looks better than when he came in is Raymond. Seider I think has somewhat regressed in his decision making since Blash left. None of our Dman in general ever look like they know where the puck should go.

4. Team consistently starts slow. We don't have the talent to constantly have to claw our way back into games, especially if we aren't employing the full tilt offensive method.

5. He's getting a bit better this year but he has been notoriously slow to make a lineup change. I'm not asking for a Scotty blender, but if something is clearly not working don't hang onto it just because one guy is a vet.
I had my doubts after his 1st season...Last season confirmed...Lalonde just isn't very good.

• Haha
Reactions: AussieWings

AtlantaHotWings

Aug 21, 2024
Lets fire him! I personally am not a fan feel like he doesn't get the team fired up. Kinda ho hum type attitude

Who is out there that will be a motivator/develop the kids and get us to the playoffs?

Don't see Yzman hiring Joel Q
Gallant?
I wish we had grabbed Berube when he was avail

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I'd fire Lalonde but then immediately re-hire him, just to light a fire under his ass!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad