Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TBL] Tanner Jeannot for 2025 2nd and 2024 4th (118OA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Jeannot gonna be on the biggest one year wonder lists in NHL history soon along with Cheechoo and others

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
No. It's not. In fact it has nothing to do with winning.

Hitting is all well and good if it's done productively. Jeannot hits for the sake of it and does little else of any value.
We won two championships with Kyle Clifford and Jordan Nolan doing nothing but hit.

I think we'll be okay bud.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
One of the worst trades in history in the league. Don't know what Tampa was thinking when they made that move giving up such a pile of assets for friggin Tanner Jeannot.
Hey now, we thought it was a great trade :DD:naughty:

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
We won two championships with Kyle Clifford and Jordan Nolan doing nothing but hit.

I think we'll be okay bud.
Clifford played about 15 total minutes in one of those playoff runs and couldn't crack 10 per game in the other. Similarly Nolan managed 3 whole playoff games in 2014 and was trusted with about 7 min/game in '12.

Kind of like Jeannot mysteriously riding pine when the playoffs came around for Tampa.

Otherwise great example bud!

Reactions: ultra63

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings never replaced Kyle Clifford. Not saying Jeannot will, but it's the type of player they need now and should be targeting.

Reactions: KingsHockey24

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Clifford played about 15 total minutes in one of those playoff runs and couldn't crack 10 per game in the other. Similarly Nolan managed 3 whole playoff games in 2014 and was trusted with about 7 min/game in '12.

Kind of like Jeannot mysteriously riding pine when the playoffs came around for Tampa.

Otherwise great example bud!
Jordan Nolan played in 20 playoff games in 2012, Kyle Clifford played in 14 in 2013, and another 24 games in 2014. Including the assist on the Stanley Cup Winner.

Maybe focus on your own team.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Jordan Nolan played in 20 playoff games in 2012, Kyle Clifford played in 14 in 2013, and another 24 games in 2014. Including the assist on the Stanley Cup Winner.

Maybe focus on your own team.
Idk man, if every poster that saw him play nightly in Nashville and Tampa is laughing at how bad this trade is I might be reconsidering my homer stance. Kudos for just posting through it though.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
No. It's not. In fact it has nothing to do with winning.

Hitting is all well and good if it's done productively. Jeannot hits for the sake of it and does little else of any value.
We don't have anyone who hits regularly at all ..

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Shocked that LAK sees value in this face puncher.

I was sure he wasn't going to return anything decent, let alone a second and a fourth. Especially since it's just 1 year of him until he's UFA.

Frankly, I don't understand this trade from LAK's perspective at all, from beginning to end.

Reactions: ultra63 and T REX

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This is a good trade for LA. This is more what his value should have been when Tampa originally acquired him but Nashville wouldn't let him go for that so Tampa had to overpay. So essentially they paid a 1st and a 3rd for a season plus from him.

He wasn't as bad as most lightning fans are saying he is. His offense definitely isn't what they thought they were getting and will never get back to that 20+ goal number but he's a banger. Tampa is gonna be a soft team without him. Also Cooper didn't know how to use him properly so didn't get the most out of him, if he gets used better he can be a solid 3rd liner.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How was Jeannot deployed in Tampa? Top Six? Bottom Six?

Top Six seats of the press box

Marc Bergevin got the be the GM in LA. Awful trade.

Why do canadiens fans always make it all about them somehow

This isn’t Bergevin

Blake was shooting himself in the dick long before Luc got his merry band of Francophones together

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Shocked that LAK sees value in this face puncher.

I was sure he wasn't going to return anything decent, let alone a second and a fourth. Especially since it's just 1 year of him until he's UFA.

Frankly, I don't understand this trade from LAK's perspective at all, from beginning to end.
Kings are the softest team in the league. No hitting from the forwards. Very easy to play against.

That's the point of it from LA.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Kings are the softest team in the league. No hitting from the forwards. Very easy to play against.

That's the point of it from LA.
Whatever he has in toughness is more than offset by his lack of skills. He does nothing well except hit. That's it. Can't score, can't forecheck...just bad. He was a healthy scratch last year in the playoffs. I think we even went 11-7 for a game or two. He's that bad.

Reactions: ultra63

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Easily the most disrespected player I have seen on HfTampa, I was actually disgusted by the amount of shit talk this guy received. Hope he shoves it up everyone's ass in LA.

We all know about the Nashville trade but it's sad to see a guy get piled on for something out his control. By all accounts a good teammate, battled through multiple significant injuries which affected his ability to fit in with the team. One of the toughest players in the NHL, and he's likely in his prime years.

I'd be happy about this trade if I were a Kings fan. Jeannot is a beast and should be able to contribute more in LA.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Easily the most disrespected player I have seen on HfTampa, I was actually disgusted by the amount of shit talk this guy received. Hope he shoves it up everyone's ass in LA.

We all know about the Nashville trade but it's sad to see a guy get piled on for something out his control. By all accounts a good teammate, battled through multiple significant injuries which affected his ability to fit in with the team. One of the toughest players in the NHL, and he's likely in his prime years.

I'd be happy about this trade if I were a Kings fan. Jeannot is a beast and should be able to contribute more in LA.
EXACTLY! Thank you for calling it like it is.
Jeannot did not fit Tampa Bay's playstyle. I hope he does well in LA, with an organization and a fan base that will accept his style of play for what it is and not expect him to play WAY above his skill level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad