Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TBL] Tanner Jeannot for 2025 2nd and 2024 4th (118OA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Picklepete

Jun 5, 2002
Tampa
Visit site
One of the worst trades in history in the league. Don't know what Tampa was thinking when they made that move giving up such a pile of assets for friggin Tanner Jeannot.
Yes, it was bad.. But my Bolts have made others that worked out well.
We were due for a dud trade.
At least we got a 2nd & a 4th.
We have valuable cap space now also.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Tampa paid a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th but managed to pull back a 2nd and 4th so i imagine it still is painful to look at but atleast you got something
Given Tampa's willingness to trade the future for the present, and the FACT that it worked for back-to-back Cups and a third consecutive Finals appearance within the last five years, it would appear the organization is quite fine with that way of thinking thank you very much.

Why do teams keep giving up solid to decent draft picks for Jeannot? What do they see in him exactly that justifies it?
His rookie season numbers.
When he came to Tampa, many of the fans expected him to be the second coming of Milan Lucic/Tom Wilson as far as being a power forward was concerned. He was not able to fit the Tampa Bay playstyle, so he became expendable.

Reactions: David Lunch

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Not to mention he has shown he's able to put up some points when put into the right position.
Or he had a single fluke year. Nashville put him in the exact same position, with the exact same linemates for his sophomore year. He was pretty terrible, then even worse in Tampa. But I guess it's worth a shot

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Jeannot is trash. Healthy scratch in the playoffs with some crap ahead of him on the roster

Why wouldn't you make TB give you picks to take him. the Kings got robbed.

Yikes.

LA needed some big bodied forwards willing to throw the body.

This is an absolute W by Blake.

Not to mention he has shown he's able to put up some points when put into the right position.
You are in for YUGE disappointment. Jeannot is absolute trash. Worthless. How we fleeced you for picks is unknown. I've been kicking JBB but damn...he got fleeced and then fleeced someone else.

That guy stinks. You just wasted 2 picks. We should have been paying you to take him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tampa salvaged something from that mess. Can't believe they got a 4th let alone got someone to give them a 2nd to go along with it. Has an undrafted player ever gotten so many draft picks for a little over a season of decent play?

He now managed to pull a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd, two 4ths, and a 5th.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tampa salvaged something from that mess. Can't believe they got a 4th let alone got someone to give them a 2nd to go along with it. Has an undrafted player ever gotten so many draft picks for a little over a season of decent play?

He now managed to pull a 1st, 2 2nds, a 3rd, two 4ths, and a 5th.
If you include Callan Foote that is 2 1sts

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jeannot is trash. Healthy scratch in the playoffs with some crap ahead of him on the roster

Why wouldn't you make TB give you picks to take him. the Kings got robbed.

Yikes.

You are in for YUGE disappointment. Jeannot is absolute trash. Worthless. How we fleeced you for picks is unknown. I've been kicking JBB but damn...he got fleeced and then fleeced someone else.

That guy stinks. You just wasted 2 picks. We should have been paying you to take him.
Whatever helps you cope.

I'm sorry for your loss today.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hilarious thinking back to the price Tampa paid for Jeannot but the Kings are a perfect fit.

They badly needed a player like this. I mentioned LA as a fit as soon as the rumors of Jeannot started

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Whatever helps you cope.

I'm sorry for your loss today.
I couldn't stand that loser. Are you kidding? He's a joke. Our roster is very lean and he couldn't crack the lineup with tomato cans on our 4th line. I'm sorry that you have to deal with him now. He had one fluke year with a bloated shooting %. He is an AHL level player. I'm throwing a party over here! We got 2 picks!

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
Tanner Jeannot is going to turn into a beast and this thread will age terribly. 15+ goals and 10-0 in the fighting major department coming up

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00