Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] F Warren Foegele signs with the Kings (3 years, $3.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Foegele's hands didn't fail him at the tail end of his attempted plays, he'd be an elite player in this League. He can look like a complete beast in spurts until the puck just leaks off his stickhandles at the last moment.

Great speed and size. Good hands until they fail. Good shot but can struggle to find shooting opportunities. Production a bit inflated this year due to playing with Drai.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It is a decent depth signing, but I am not sure what Blake is looking for with this roster as assembled. There are worst players to have on your bottom 6 though.

Obviously, he wouldn't be replacing or even comparing with Arvidsson as that wouldn't be why he was signed. The Kings got tired of Arvidsson's injury history and missing most of last season sort of sealed it. He will do well in Edmonton as long as he is healthy enough though and is a good player.

Reactions: David Lunch

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
This is going to be a bad contract. I wouldn’t even sign Foegele for 2M per. Not saying this because he signed with the Kings, just being completely honest

He does nothing for 75% of the season and then scores in bunches when he’s with McDrai for a stretch

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
I liked Foegele as an Oiler. Hard working, good skater, has some skill, can drive to the net and create some havoc, but inconsistent and prone to ugly mistakes (and not necessarily forced mistakes). I'd have liked to see him back, but at a slight discount (2,5M ish) perhaps. He'll fit pretty well with the Kings, I think.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Not when you take into account the Arvy has not been able to stay healthy the whole time he has been in LA
I mean, before this past season he played 143 of 164 regular season games for LA...

That's not that bad.

Regardless, I'm very excited to have him at 4 mil per, he's going to thrive in Edmonton.

Reactions: nturn06

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Playoff warrior against the Cats (5pts in those 7 games). Yeah, he's inconsistent as hell, but he contributed and helped give the Oilers a chance to win it all. Respect.

Reactions: Giggleplex

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
not really, fed up of an Arvidsson that never plays because he's made of glass

you want to take shots at LA, this isn't it

there are many easier ways to bash us my guy, try harder
Lol the only reason deoegle got to 40 pts is cause he got loads of minutes with Leon and Connor the guy is gonna be a 20 pt player for almost as much money as arvidsson for longer term

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
This is going to be a bad contract. I wouldn’t even sign Foegele for 2M per. Not saying this because he signed with the Kings, just being completely honest

He does nothing for 75% of the season and then scores in bunches when he’s with McDrai for a stretch
Warren was never going to get $3 million from the Oilers again so bye bye to Mr. Hands Of Stone who had a career year ! 👋

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Lol the only reason deoegle got to 40 pts is cause he got loads of minutes with Leon and Connor the guy is gonna be a 20 pt player for almost as much money as arvidsson for longer term

that's correct and also true for Hyman, and Jeff Skinner and etc.

Arvidsson is going to score 500pts this season and?

For a team like LA that never purposely tanked to draft a GOD, we gotta have players that can play 82 games a year

Arvidsson isn't that guy

also, i won't beef with you as WUTANG is my favorite group all time

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
If this guy had a set of hands and a better brain he’d be an all star.

Truly a frustrating player and I think he’s been over paid today.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'd much rather have Arvidsson, even with the injury concerns. Of course, missing most of this past season was unacceptable, but chances are that that won't happen again, and he was on fire when he returned, so there's no reason to think that he'd be any worse this upcoming season because of the injury. I'd rather have him for 60 games than Foegele for 82. Besides, a player like him missing a chunk of games gives a kid or two opportunity for more ice time with better linemates, which isn't such a bad thing for their development.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Foegele's hands didn't fail him at the tail end of his attempted plays, he'd be an elite player in this League. He can look like a complete beast in spurts until the puck just leaks off his stickhandles at the last moment.

Great speed and size. Good hands until they fail. Good shot but can struggle to find shooting opportunities. Production a bit inflated this year due to playing with Drai.

Dude was absolutely bred to be a King

I'd much rather have Arvidsson, even with the injury concerns. Of course, missing most of this past season was unacceptable, but chances are that that won't happen again, and he was on fire when he returned, so there's no reason to think that he'd be any worse this upcoming season because of the injury. I'd rather have him for 60 games than Foegele for 82. Besides, missing a chunk of games gives a kid or two opportunity for more ice time with better linemates, which isn't such a bad thing.

Yeah on a team like EDM where he won't be relied upon as heavily he's gonna be absolutely monstrous secondary scoring

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dude was absolutely bred to be a King

Yeah on a team like EDM where he won't be relied upon as heavily he's gonna be absolutely monstrous secondary scoring
Hope he’s a good one for you guys. He’s a great dude. Good player. if he can even figure out the tips in his game, he’ll hit in a huge way.

iliketorock

May 23, 2021
His hands cant keep up with his feet. So many chances so many fumbled pucks, or trying to do to much thinking hes McDavid sometimes. Good player though, just don't rely on him for consistent production and you'll probably be happy. Tries/works hard.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
And the Kings are liable to be the victims of it when they meet in the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. I can't help but imagine him getting multiple goals and points against his former team while we're waiting for Foegele to do anything against his.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Players like him frustrate me, I'd rather someone with lower upside that at least shows up consistently.

Risky to give a guy like Foegele term, much rather overpay for 1 year.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Dude skates like the wind and works hard, just inconsistent like others have said. If you want ~20g out of him he needs to play in the top 6

There were multiple times in his career as an Oiler where I mistaked him for McDavid for a sec because of his skating and using 37 as his number

Reactions: BabyBennettov

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
that's correct and also true for Hyman, and Jeff Skinner and etc.

Arvidsson is going to score 500pts this season and?

For a team like LA that never purposely tanked to draft a GOD, we gotta have players that can play 82 games a year

Arvidsson isn't that guy

also, i won't beef with you as WUTANG is my favorite group all time
Except for the fact hyman was trending towards a 60 pt player in Toronto and skinner put up 60 how many times not getting centered by Leon or Connor. Your whole fanbase is gonna be calling for him to be traded by next April.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad