Proposal: LAK - DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I'd consider that if Blake thinks he can sign Walman to a reasonable extension. For a physical second- or third-pairing left handed defenseman, especially at 26 years old, it'd be worth it. With Fiala, the Kings' rebuild went from 0-60.

I do agree, Madden has zero trade value. A team might think they can turn him into something, but to suggest he has more value than a 5th or 6th round pick right now is just wishful thinking.

Anderson - Doughty
Walman - Durzi
Bjornfot - Roy

You could swap out Durzi for one of Clarke or Spence next season too. And if the Kings happen to land Chychrun too, all the better:

Anderson - Doughty
Chychrun - Roy
Walman - Durzi
Kings are so jammed at forward.
I think Andersson can be a grinding, mucking, 15-15-30 3rd liner.
Someone's got to give him a shot.
If I were Rob Blake, I'd try to dump Iafallo and use Andersson - but that might not be an easy task.
I think Detroit could use him next season, because they're probably gonna lose a few vets.
What's he got? 23 goals in Ontario this year?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So by your logic we should get rid of Doughty because he's already older than that. Give it a break
????
What has getting rid of Doughty to do with not trading for a 31 year old ??? I don't get it.

But yes, i think Doughty doesn't have what it takes anymore but this a completely different topic

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
To LA: Jake Walman

To DET: Tyler Madden or 4th 2023

Kings get an insurance LD who can eat minutes without paying out the nose for Chychrun/McCabe. If he plays well, they can re-sign him; otherwise he's gone after this season and they can pursue another LD in free agency. Detroit get some value for a pending free agent. Kind of all depends if the Wings want to bet on making a wild card spot.
Naw, this ain’t it. We’ll just keep Walman at that price

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
????
What has getting rid of Doughty to do with not trading for a 31 year old ??? I don't get it.

But yes, i think Doughty doesn't have what it takes anymore but this a completely different topic
Doughty's still one of the very best defensemen in the league.

Screenshot-2023-02-13-at-12.12.56-PM.png

Reactions: theMajor

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Doughty's still one of the very best defensemen in the league.

Screenshot-2023-02-13-at-12.12.56-PM.png

No he is not, regardless of those fancy self made Athletic statistics.
He is not able in any way or form to shut down opponents top players, which would be his job as 1st pair defender.

We will most likely face the Oilers in round 1 and they will show us again how offense is done.
This time they have a goalie instead of a funnel so we don't even go to game 7

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He is not able in any way or form to shut down opponents top players, which would be his job as 1st pair defender.

We will most likely face the Oilers in round 1 and they will show us again how offense is done.
Nonsense, as usual.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Kings are so jammed at forward.
I think Andersson can be a grinding, mucking, 15-15-30 3rd liner.
Someone's got to give him a shot.
If I were Rob Blake, I'd try to dump Iafallo and use Andersson - but that might not be an easy task.
I think Detroit could use him next season, because they're probably gonna lose a few vets.
What's he got? 23 goals in Ontario this year?
I really wished TM gave Andersson an actual shot, seems like he has some sort of vendetta against andersson

Reactions: MBH

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
No interest from Detroit. Pairing Seider with Walman turned Mo’s season around and Yzerman has mentioned Walman as a guy he’s had his eye on for a long time. A 4th is a really weak offer.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles

Whattttt ??? While Doughty may not be the perennial Norris candidate D he once was, he is still absolutely a top flight D and would be on just about any teams 1st pair, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

As far as OP proposal, Madden has minimal trade value. I’d do Madden + 4th. Not either or. Even that might not be enough depending on how highly the Wings view their guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad