Proposal: LAK - DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
To LA: Jake Walman

To DET: Tyler Madden or 4th 2023

Kings get an insurance LD who can eat minutes without paying out the nose for Chychrun/McCabe. If he plays well, they can re-sign him; otherwise he's gone after this season and they can pursue another LD in free agency. Detroit get some value for a pending free agent. Kind of all depends if the Wings want to bet on making a wild card spot.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Kings get an insurance LD who can eat minutes without paying out the nose for Chychrun/McCabe. If he plays well, they can re-sign him; otherwise he's gone after this season and they can pursue another LD in free agency. Detroit get some value for a pending free agent. Kind of all depends if the Wings want to bet on making a wild card spot.
Wings probably want to extend Walman. Apparently he was someone Yzerman had his eyes on for years and made a point to get him included in the Leddy deal.

That and apparently the Wings took Bertuzzi off the market.

I don't see the Wings trading Seider's partner.

But... Might I interest you in one Ben Chiarot?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Contract a little long but in theory his size is what the Kings are looking for. How has he played? If there's some retention....
In full disclosure, Chiarot is a defensive metric nightmare. He's rangy, hyper physical, but likes to send teammates hand grenades disguised as passes when he gets in trouble and is structurally outmatched against top end competition. Give him PK duties and a bottom of the lineup assignment and he's fine. Weirdly he's actually pretty good with the puck in the offensive zone, but beyond that he's like a dog chasing a car. Great if he catches it, but he doesn't always catch it. Maybe a tiny bit, but I'd hesitate to eat too much. Maybe enough to drop him to an even $4

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

No thanks.

Also, Madden isn't worth anything.

Reactions: Oddbob and johnjm22

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I feel like Walman is worth a lot more than that? Like... at least a second and a decent prospect, or maybe a good prospect and a third?

To LA: Walman
To Detroit: Helge Grans or LA's 2023 2nd, Akil Thomas or Pittsburgh's 2023 3rd

Not even sure that would be enough 🤷

Screenshot-2023-02-13-at-11.54.19-AM.png

(This is assuming you could sign him to an extension)

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
I feel like Walman is worth a lot more than that? Like... at least a second and a decent prospect, or maybe a good prospect and a third?

That's fair. A lot was hinged on his pending UFA status but I could still be off

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
That's fair. A lot was hinged on his pending UFA status but I could still be off

Yeah. For a UFA... I don't know, I still think it'd be more than that. I guess if I'm Detroit, I'm probably doing anything I can to re-sign a guy like him.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I thought Jake Walman was injured?
Just came back I believe
Jake Walman started the season on injured reserve but has been playing in Detroit’s lineup since the middle of November.

Walman has played in 35 games and has 5g-4a-9pts, playing just under 19 minutes a night.

Jake did miss two games during the week with a minor injury but played in Detroit’s last game against Calgary.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake is pretty good at giving 'fair' value for pendingUFAs if he's allowed to negotiate with them first. That's a win for everyone involved.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Walman never played a full season his whole life.
Beside that, fair deal i believe.

But no for above reasons

Contract a little long but in theory his size is what the Kings are looking for. How has he played? If there's some retention....
We do not trade for 31 year old

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

Yep, I’m a Kings fan and Walman is definitely worth more given how he’s played even in a small sample.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Walman's sample size is too small to take those numbers too seriously.
But if someone wants to pay big for Walman, I'll take it.

Give me Lias Andersson and a 2nd.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

YUCK!

If we aren't getting a 2nd for him, we just keep him. Even a second isn't a must to move him, because he has been our 2nd or 3rd best defender this year.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020

I am not familar with his game care to give me strenghts and weakness ? is he on pk?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

He isn't outright awful, but his chosen play-style doesn't suit his skills. He skates the puck into the other end like a puck mover with great offensive skills, which are average at best, and his skillset is physical and should be stay at home defender. He also gets out of position going for hits sometime. If you can get him a partner who can read and react to his all over the map playstyle and no more than 20 minutes a night he would be a solid player. He is really only overpaid by a mil at most, but I don't think Yzerman is going to want to retain already. I suspect he is in Detroit at least through next season.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That's fine

Wrong

Tyler Madden is 23 years old and a former 3rd round pick. He can be fetched for futures/cond. 7th or nothing. That means he has no value. People on our board are already giving up on Zadina who is younger and was drafted higher.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Give me Lias Andersson and a 2nd.
I'd consider that if Blake thinks he can sign Walman to a reasonable extension. For a physical second- or third-pairing left handed defenseman, especially at 26 years old, it'd be worth it. With Fiala, the Kings' rebuild went from 0-60.

I do agree, Madden has zero trade value. A team might think they can turn him into something, but to suggest he has more value than a 5th or 6th round pick right now is just wishful thinking.

Anderson - Doughty
Walman - Durzi
Bjornfot - Roy

You could swap out Durzi for one of Clarke or Spence next season too. And if the Kings happen to land Chychrun too, all the better:

Anderson - Doughty
Chychrun - Roy
Walman - Durzi

Reactions: MBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad