Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] D Jordan Spence re-signs with the Kings (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
He's a solid GM. Getting out or Dubois, getting Byfield and Spence signed to these sweatheart deals.

Let's talk about that Faber trade... Blake bid against himself and threw in a 1st rounder! Faber is a cornerstone defenseman and while Faber absolutely loves playing for his home team Blake got absolutely fleeced in this team. Fiala has still yet to prove he can even play in the post season, which makes this deal feel 2x worse.

Or that Petersen contract... then having to unload a small haul to have Philly take that contract. And LA got saddled with that Provorov contract.

Or that PLD trade to begin with. That was a fleecing to begin with, and Blake felt the need to include a 2nd rounder. Just imagine this... trading Kupari, Vilardi, Iafallo and a 2nd for Kuemper! And quite a few Kings fans said at the time that Vilardi straight up for PLD wasn't worth it.

That PLD contract though... that was absolutely brutal from the moment it was signed. It's now known as the biggest traded contract in NHL history. Let that one sink if for a second.

Blake lost Matt Roy for absolutely nothing last season. Not good asset management in the slightest. Luc can say LA is right there with the best teams but in reality LA was going to get bounced in the 1st round. Their team is not constructed well. They also hit that huge skid in the middle of the year and had to can TMac.

Blake has also now gutted our prospect pipeline in record fashion. LA has entered the area of the black hole.

As I recall, LA still hasn't won a playoff round since 2014. Thats not the making of a solid GM. He rushed the rebuild so fast it wasn't even considered a rebuild. A retool? I guess...?

Blake + Luc need couldn't be jettisoned to the moon fast enough.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Blake is on a roll.

He's a solid GM. Getting out or Dubois, getting Byfield and Spence signed to these sweatheart deals.
Let's be very clear: he does not deserve to be commended for cleaning up the steaming pile of shit he himself left on the carpet, it's the bare minimum. He took an already decent team with one of the deepest prospect pools in the league and basically emptied that entire pool and used all their cap space in order to barely make them better

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake is on a roll.

Blake is absolutely excellent at three things:

1. Not subscribing to sunk-cost fallacy;
2. Bridge deals;
3. Putting square pegs in round holes.

On everything else, he makes Milbury look like Sam Pollock.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Blake is on a roll.
1722548347347.png

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Let's be very clear: he does not deserve to be commended for cleaning up the steaming pile of shit he himself left on the carpet, it's the bare minimum. He took an already decent team with one of the deepest prospect pools in the league and basically emptied that entire pool and used all their cap space in order to barely make them better
How in the world does that even happen? Looking at the Kings prospects Clarke is really the only great one, everyone else is like possible middle 6 forward to solid #4 Dman potential at best. The Canucks who had Jim f***ing Benning screw them over significantly still has a better pool than the Kings, while already having a better team currently with a younger core.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
How in the world does that even happen? Looking at the Kings prospects Clarke is really the only great one, everyone else is like possible middle 6 forward to solid #4 Dman potential at best. The Canucks who had Jim f***ing Benning screw them over significantly still has a better pool than the Kings, while already having a better team currently with a younger core.
did you not read the part where it says emptied their prospect pool...

one season does not make the canucks some world beater. cancucks fans are gonna get a reality check next year.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Come in guys, if you guys don't want Blakey, just....keep him far away from us cuz he I think he likes us (he went to Patty's retirement ceremony). Just give him to Anaslime or something, Verbeek could do the reaching at the draft and Blake could do the emptying. Sounds good to this Sharks fan!!!

• Love
Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium